IGNORED

I just cannot get into Syro

ulul

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chiming in to agree that Marchromt is the best track on it and it's not even officially on it :facepalm:

He did the same thing with ODS by forgetting to put the best track from that on it until after the fact.

Dude needs to be given the Paradinas curation treatment. He's clearly not very good at that side of things

This thread is kinda dumb.  OP: Why do you care that you don't like something that most people do?  In this case, you just have a different opinion than most.

I know what that's like...I've never been a big fan of Drukqs, but everybody thinks it's his greatest album ever, masterpiece, blah blah.  I don't really care though, i've listened to it 100 times, it's never clicked, and that's okay.

In all seriousness though, you are totally wrong about Syro  and you should consider jumping off a bridge.

:emotawesomepm9:

I too listen to albums I'm not a fan of a hundred times

Saying I'm not a fan of it wasn't quite correct....it's more correct to say that it's just my least favorite release of his.

I listened to it a lot because at the time it came out, we were all starved for a new album and I really WANTED to love it.  

Funny to think of the days where being 4-5 years between Aphex albums was a long wait....

through the tape she's trying to shout "REMEMBER TO TAKE OWNERSHIP OF YOUR TRAX RICHARD! RICHARD PLEASE!"

lol

also note how she trying to make the afx logo but fails miserably. a real fan :)

* mumbles through tape "COME U C*NTS LETS HAF SOM AFX ACID!"*

I've come to realize that I like Syro more than I have thought in the past, but that it's actually about how I'm feeling. If I'm in a very specific mood, Syro is brilliant to me and works perfect for it. But typically I'm not in that particular headspace and so sometimes I'll put it on anyway to try and feel it or vibe to it, and all I can do is "dig it", not much more, and for maybe 1/3 way through max. Don't know what it is for me, guess it's just a very distinct taste/feel. And that's ok. We're all gonna be okay... I think? ^_^

so the guardian can't get into syro

or anything past "klopjob (2004)"

or check their facts

klopjob (2005)

they use a still from the collapse video

with no pick from the collapse ep

ha?

interesting list but a severe lack of drukqs. Mt St Michel? 54 Cymru Beats? I mean helloooo??

Yeah WTF - obvs everyone has their own opinion but ^ plus Vordhosbn, Ziggomatic? At least one of those should be on there. Also, why does everyone seem to forget about Fenix Funk and XMD5a? 

Shit. . . just realized there are so many good tunes that it'd be almost impossible to make a top 25 list of back catalogue that didn't omit something. . . . nice problem to have. . .

Fenix Funk 5 is easily in his top five tunes ever. The drums in that song are so fucking perfectly matched.

FF5 is the first Aphex track I ever heard, in Wipeout Pulse on PSP. Every time I hear the track I just think of tearing around the Amphiseum in Eliminator mode, zoning in on my next target, alone in the digital world, beautiful in its obvious fakeness while the pads of Fenix Funk blare away into the void...

Cringey as that is, that's exactly how FF5 makes me feel.

^^^ Eh they don't really fit. End E2 and Marchromt would fit though (obviously)

Actually if he wanted to go for the best possible album he could have dropped 180db and put in marchromt ( not necessarily in place of 180). Then added a beefed up end E2... at the end. Though the album as is is long enough and get why the tracks chosen are in there.

I know Marchromt was japan exclusive but I wonder if it's considered officially part of the album or really just as a single. Eh it doesn't matter. lol

Archived