IGNORED

For Sale: Pine Forest Drums

SampleScience

Pine_Forest_Drums_Product_500px.png

Pine Forest Drums is a percussion and sound fx sound module inspired by the sonic universe of Boards of Canada. From vintage drum kits to found sounds, tabla to voice cuts, the variety of sounds found in Pine Forest Drums is big compared to the usual drum module.

Available as a VST/VST3 plugin instrument for Windows and VST/VST3/AU plugin instrument for macOS, Pine Forest Drums contains 38 "drum kits". Each kit has been tailored with 70s education documentaries, the esoteric culture of the 60s and the National Film Board of Canada in mind.

Video walkthrough:

Features:

38 percussion kits each containing 10 sounds

380 original samples

Vinyl crackles sound layer with ADSR

Tape and films sound layers with ADSR

Sub

Detuner with depth and rate controls

10 drum pads

Level, pan, attack, outputs and decay controls for each sound

Amp range controls

30 MIDI drum loops

24-bit WAV files of the drum kits

Price: 30$ (USD)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/13/2019 at 1:31 AM, nikisoko said:

What market research did you do to find the target

demographic for your pine drums. I’d rather imagine the intersection of BOC fans and complete morons is rather small.

Why would customers of Pine Forest Drums would be morons in your opinion?

Is it because of the use of pre-made drum samples?

If that's the case then anyone using a drum machine with PCM samples in it would be a moron, like Aphex Twin, BOC themselves, Mike Paradinas, Autechre, etc.

Now, if you look at any of the old drum machines, you'll see that they're produced to sound like the popular music of the time. 

At some point in the signal chain did you transfer the samps to reel-to-reel and age the magnetic tape in a barrel cask filled with sage and soviet shell casings for 6 years, 6 months and 6 days? No deal if not.

• 4 months later...
On 8/2/2019 at 2:32 PM, Goiter Sanchez said:

At some point in the signal chain did you transfer the samps to reel-to-reel and age the magnetic tape in a barrel cask filled with sage and soviet shell casings for 6 years, 6 months and 6 days? No deal if not.

Well, in fact, I went further than that! Some of the kits are sampled from public domain documentaries from the 50s and 60s. The sampled drums were chopped and highly effected (and mastered) and the result is rather good, but of course I'm biased. ?

I'm surprised by the reactions here, Pine Forest Drums has been a success and I thought it was a good idea to talk about it here, but it seems people here got butt-hurted by it for some unknown reasons.

On 12/9/2019 at 2:21 PM, SampleScience said:

I'm surprised by the reactions here, Pine Forest Drums has been a success and I thought it was a good idea to talk about it here, but it seems people here got butt-hurted by it for some unknown reasons.

Yeahhhh I think it's a combination of purist boc fanboys and wattm's general decline in quality over the past few years. I rarely promote my own stuff here anymore (though if I made a plugin as polished as this I probably would!).

Cool idea for a plugin. I can understand how it's doing well, nice work!

Archived