IGNORED

Bogdan Raczynski - Rave 'Till You Cry (2LP)

Rubin Farr

So for some reason - dunno why, I always found Bogdan Raczynski a bit excessive - I just listened to this and ... it was pretty good. Not as over the top psychotic as I remember his earlier output being. Complex and busy, yes, but reasonably easy to follow and quite pretty in places. 

• 2 weeks later...

so this is basically samurai masu beatsu II or outtakes from that album. (I'm talking about rave till you cry)

At the very least, these are tracks from his 1999 "era" where he collected a bunch of his stuff and put out 3 outstanding releases on rephlex.

To that extent this is great - a fourth meditation on that style and era of bogdan's music, named after his custom shirt he would wear while doing gigs in the later aughts i think. 

imho it doesn't flow as well as samurai or even boku mo wakaran, but there are still some excellent moods and moments that only boggy can conjure. I'm so happy he's back releasing again and I hope we don't have to wait too long for the next one and that it's a further exploration of the alright style he left us with over 10 years ago!!!! surely mr basil's got stuff like that in the can. 

B+

Edited by dr lopez

• 1 year later...