So this is going into production, despite relatively poor results of Blade Runner 2049 at the Box Office, which was critical for Villeneuve's version of Dune to happen.

The casting so far is insane: Rebecca Ferguson, Dave Bautista, Javier Bardem, Thimothée Chalamet, Josh Brolin, Oscar Isaac, Charlotte Rampling, Jason Momoa...

Unfortunately, Roger Deakins is not part of the projet this time, but the cinematography will be handled by Greg Fraser (Rogue One).

Not sure Jodorowsky will have anything to do for the movie, but news are falling nearly every day since a few weeks.

Scheduled for november 20th, 2020

Edited by Jafs

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the book(s) (I’m currently re-reading them), Jodorowski’s movie would have been absolutely banana, hated Lynch’s (even though I love the guy)... and am damn curious about that upcoming one.

Edited by Nil

^going to be two movies actually, splitting book one into two films. I’m assuming it’s all being filmed at once...

Yeah the cast is ridiculous, if anyone can pull this off it’ll be Villeneuve.

I actually like the Lynch movie a lot, for what it is not because it’s a great adaptation or even a great movie particularly. Nostalgia I guess? Don’t care really.

• 4 weeks later...

Fp2vDRi.png

i'm trying to keep my expectations low

but also seeing this made me cum

i don't think i'm succeeding 

I actually like the Lynch movie a lot, for what it is not because it’s a great adaptation or even a great movie particularly. Nostalgia I guess? Don’t care really.

me too!  :beer:

7U3J.gif

• 1 year later...
On 2/23/2019 at 11:26 AM, Nil said:

Love the book(s) (I’m currently re-reading them), Jodorowski’s movie would have been absolutely banana, hated Lynch’s (even though I love the guy)... and am damn curious about that upcoming one.

No love for the band?

Loving the new trailer, btw. Getting some hardcore vibes ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azatoth said:

it's worth a watch. lynch at his most 'normal' and sting in his nice blue plastic speedos

yeah it's absolutely worth a watch, I think that so many WATMMERs like it (myself included) is a good endorsement

it's become a bittersweet movie for me, my late mother in law was a big fan of the books and had watched the film many times. first time I saw it was on Easter when it was on cable

I think it's ATOP's favorite film and he's a big cinema nerd