12 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I think if you liked his take on Blade Runner, you’ll like his take on Dune.

Yea, I loved that one.  I'm seeing Dune either way, based on the strength of the other movies of his I've seen(and the book is great).  In fact, I went back and watched the trailer for his Blade Runner, and while it still had some trailer bullshit, it seemed more straightforward.  I suppose Dune is a big enough that they need to try to appeal as broadly as possible, but yea, trailers these days...

I didn't know about the series, though.  It looks interesting.  That seems to be maybe becoming a new trend with big movies lately.  I wonder how that will pan out.  

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iococoi

(whispering inner voice)

clearly not for me...

always the same bunch of hollywoodies...brolin, aquaman, something-ista

barf!

(barfing)

marvel-style joke writing?

barf!

(barfing)

hey, lets try an arabic scale...

INSERT - YT

haha...

(loling)

INSERT - POSTER

Post image

Edited by iococoi
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 1

it looks really good.

it’s definitely trying to appeal to a much wider audience than just scifi nerds….all the focus on Zendaya who is huge among Gen Z and the sorta quips and jokes peppered throughout, really trying to get asses in seats.

looks really good tho despite any hints that it might be pandering

:facepalm: Fuck, I'll never see anything about Harkonnens and Baron in these trailers for longer than one second, like they're not important at all...

Probably going to get more trailers between October and now. I think they’re holding back some of the reveal though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Adamovich said:

:facepalm: Fuck, I'll never see anything about Harkonnens and Baron in these trailers for longer than one second, like they're not important at all...

I believe Bill Skarsgard (sp)? who plays Baron Harkonnen said his role in the film is small...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I believe Bill Skarsgard (sp)? who plays Baron Harkonnen said his role in the film is small...

Will probably be greater in the second part/movie. Also, showing a villain too much can spoil a movie like nothing else imo

Still,,, todays trailers reveal too fakn much!!! But im a big fan of the books and lynch’s movie so i had to see this trailer 

51 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

No word on who’s playing Feyd yet?

Harry Styles!

That would make sense, Jodorowsky dreamt about Mick Jagger, Lynch had Sting, why the fuck not? :emotawesomepm9: I liked him in Dunkirk...

i think i'd read the Feyd thing acknowledged in an interview or unofficially or something, i think maybe he's not in this one at all and he'll play a big part in the sequel so maybe not even cast yet.

my memory is shit so please don't take that as gospel

Edited by auxien
i'm a word-leaver-outer

ugh i want to see this in the theaters but now worried about all the delta variant biz and whether its worth the risk.

also scared that little timmy is going to be all grown up by the time the 2nd half gets made and we wont recognize him

14 minutes ago, nikisoko said:

also scared that little timmy is going to be all grown up by the time the 2nd half gets made and we wont recognize him

Him in the 2nd movie:

9 minutes ago, ignatius said:

906346a98e5ea709abeae241cd6e70234543c30d

Dune: What Year Is This

Edited by xox

If Feyd...lovely Feyd isn't in this part, I wonder what else will be shifted/omitted? Villeneuve paces his films well, so will be interesting to see what he's done. 

12 minutes ago, nikisoko said:

We'll have to wait a decade or two for Chalamet to look all growns up enough to do a Dune Messiah, not that I think we'll get Book Two Muad'Dib conclusion. 

Just now, ignatius said:

they should've gone w/constanza for the baron

img.jpg?width=1200&coordinates=0,12,0,16

Only if Piter de Vries is played by Kramer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jafs said:

Bill Hunt of The Digital Bits has seen the first 10 minutes, and he seems over excited.

image.png.873b604b8c1d4cdb02e80b62c2e26f2a.png

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/072221-1300

Nice read. However, I want to see those first 10 minutes now, even if filmed on a potato. Which I'd regret, but I'd still do it. Long live the fighters!

• Like 3

I'm so stoked for this. I'm grateful that even if Blade Runner 2049 didn't pull in the big Marvel bucks, Villeneuve is still able to get the funding to realize stories that deserve a grand scale.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

dune-2021-trailer-release-date-1280x720.

Jawa sandcrawlers with legions of B1-series battle droids on Tattooine...

17 hours ago, Jafs said:

Bill Hunt of The Digital Bits has seen the first 10 minutes, and he seems over excited.

image.png.873b604b8c1d4cdb02e80b62c2e26f2a.png

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/072221-1300

"I know nothing comparable to it except "The Lord Of The Rings"  - Arthur C. Clarke about Dune book.

Still worried about Harkonnens and Giedi Prime (assuming the planet will ever be fucking shown in this movie or at least for more than 5 minutes). Villeneuve's Niander Wallace was god-fucking-awful and cringy. The same thing might happen to his Dune's villains...