IGNORED

Does anyone know of any other AFX copyists?

Jajaonan

Oh no, I know! Same boat I think. Ludd & Mr Noise = fantastiche. 

I wouldn't call them afx copycats. They've got their own vibe IMO.

Yeah. Actually that's pretty much all the artists in that list. There's no one that sounds like Aphex and Aphex sounds like no one in that list.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radiohead

You know, looking back Kid A only sounds somewhat similar to Aphex's stuff. I was a big fan of RH before Aphex. That's how I found out about him. But really Kid A is really different from pretty much any of Aphex's stuff.

Thom Yorke's solo stuff, like that last album he put out... uh... Tomorrow's Modern Boxes... sounds the most like Aphex. Though Thom might have put in the aphex influences into Kid A, and the other band members pulled it away from that. *speculation*

It seems as if I noticed more Autechre copying than RDJ the last time I was perusing electronic music listings, mainly due to the "glitch" genre becoming a thing. I haven't been keeping up since I don't follow trends so if I am wrong then, whatev...; ;) I usually just listen to techno and hard techno as my go-to when not listening to the more famous artists.

Can we start calling things that sound like Aphex, Aphexian?

eg. "This swag track is real "Aphexian"."

Also maybe... "Autechrian"?

It seems as if I noticed more Autechre copying than RDJ the last time I was perusing electronic music listings, mainly due to the "glitch" genre becoming a thing. I haven't been keeping up since I don't follow trends so if I am wrong then, whatev...; ;)

oh yeah I see what you mean. When you listen to for example, Arca you feel it's real autechrian. Then again OPN's music sounds aphexian, more early aphex. Then again all ambient music sounds aphexian. So saying something sounds like either/or feels like it's a poor descriptor.

OK I take it all under wraps - even the more sarcastic or just plain ruuuuuuuuuuuude comments about my post. I wasn't saying all on the list are just copying Afx's style and are just plain clones. I was insinuating that they may share some thing in common with Afx, which in my book ain't a bad thing. I would love to be compared to a genius musically.

answer: everyone that posts in EKT

When are you going to post your racist music?

did i trigger u m8? fyi i'm mixed race and have never recorded a track in my  life, so context please?

Archived