IGNORED

The liberal elite of The Guardian rank AFX songs

tec

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no xtal??? :cerious:

Yeah this list doesn’t suck but without this and any Tuss it’s kinda lacking.

"Xtal" is one of the best electronic tracks of any artist of any era.

Nice seeing "rhuburb" so high, lot of deep cuts on their and I like the brevity of the list. 

There are a few tracks on the list that I don't think aged all that well, such as Quoth. It's no surprise though since those were 'genre' tracks are among the first of their kind. Track is still good... just not #7 out of 45678.

A lot of the SAW 2 stuff, even though simple in nature for some reason aged very well even though there have been a million similar tracks since.

iz-us inclusion seems fine but there does seem to be a lot of SAW2 overlap which could've been used for a Synthacon 9 or Xmas EVE or PAPAT4.

CAT 00897 AA1 and On means you pretty much don't need Analogue Bubblebath 1 or Quoth but i guess they're there for nostalgia historical relevance purposes or some shit. 

They’ll have another top 200 best of richard in 20 years and everyone will be up in arms that AFX Acid 04 was no 1.

now I'm wondering if watmm will still b up in 20 yrs

They’ll have another top 200 best of richard in 20 years and everyone will be up in arms that AFX Acid 04 was no 1.

now I'm wondering if watmm will still b up in 20 yrs

xltronic definitely will

This is proper AFX list:

Polygon Window – Untitled

AFX – AB3 CD Only Track #1

Aphex Twin – On (D-Scape Mix)

Aphex Twin – SAW2 CD2 TRK3

Aphex Twin – Phlid

GAK – GAK 2

Aphex Twin – Aphex Airlines

Aphex Twin – INKEY$

Aphex Twin – Formula

Aphex Twin – Perc # 6

Aphex Twin – Gwely Mernans

AFX – KTPA1

AFX – KTPA2

in addition to all the omissions mentioned, klopjob is a really odd pick from analord.  its surely in my lower 50% of all of analord.  and say for convenience they chose something off chosen lords.. imo its the least awesome track on that compilation

This is proper AFX list:

Polygon Window – Untitled

AFX – AB3 CD Only Track #1

Aphex Twin – On (D-Scape Mix)

Aphex Twin – SAW2 CD2 TRK3

Aphex Twin – Phlid

GAK – GAK 2

Aphex Twin – Aphex Airlines

Aphex Twin – INKEY$

Aphex Twin – Formula

Aphex Twin – Perc # 6

Aphex Twin – Gwely Mernans

AFX – KTPA1

AFX – KTPA2

Sounds like a tasty list... I want that in mixtape format now! Haha haven't heard aphex airlines in so long

maybe the list is just mis-named. to say this is the best of the best, while these are great tracks well it just seems pretty safe. maybe a good intro to get people into aphex tho.

Archived