IGNORED

what tv shows do you reckon Richard enjoys

MadellisTheSixth

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael Portillo’s Great British Railway Journeys

He was on a train to Shimla the other day. I once met a man in a bakery in Shimla who looked like a grinning cat. Obviously he didn't have whiskers or furry ears, he had some strange, probably religious face paint on and he had a big happy face, and he just looked like a big happy cat and was obviously over the moon that I walked into his bakery.

He was on a train to Shimla the other day. I once met a man in a bakery in Shimla who looked like a grinning cat. Obviously he didn't have whiskers or furry ears, he had some strange, probably religious face paint on and he had a big happy face, and he just looked like a big happy cat and was obviously over the moon that I walked into his bakery.

Ace. I’d love to visit Shimla. I really enjoyed the Anthony Bourdain Parts Unkown episode when he went there also.

Desperate housewives

More people watch that than I think people want to admit. They have essentially replaced soap operas and drama shows like Dynasty and Dallas in that niche. Bravo network has a night time talk show and a fuckload of the actors, comedians, and a ton of them are sincerely into. When South Park lampooned the Real Housewive of Jersey Trey Parker mentioned he was a huge fan of the show and in the commentary he even predicted, very accurately, that a particular housewife was going to be in true legal trouble.

It's a weirdly cathartic show. There's the superficial drama but there's also this deeper realization of who are the true narcissists and sociopaths versus decent people with money and more benign off-putting appearances. My wife watches it and I'm always tune in somewhat while on my phone or working on my laptop. Had some family drama recently and it's surreal seeing the same toxic attitudes and manipulation exhibited by rich strangers as I've experienced personally.

Ace. I’d love to visit Shimla. I really enjoyed the Anthony Bourdain Parts Unkown episode when he went there also.

I'll have to check this show out. 

Train docs seem like the best guess so far. I'd reckon he's into old sci-fi shows as well

Yeah I know a chap a few doors down (I went to school with his son, my mum went to school with his wife etc etc)

Proper hardcore Scot, he's head honcho of the Masons, was a right savage scroat until he met his wife. The man has stories. He's also kingpin of the local gun club.

Whenever I used to pop round his house years back he was either watching The Sopranos, World War 2 documentaries or Desperate Housewives....

I never asked questions on why

(true story)

I remember reading an article with Mike P in the 90s where he said he was bang into emerdale. God this is a shit convo.

If this were a party I'd be doing more drugs right now.

Archived