The BBC Radiophonic Workshop - The Stone Tape (1972) - OST (RSD 10")

• 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rubin Farr
      it's become an obsession of mine; folklore tapes, a year in the country, penny dreadful, ghost box, 1602 angela, hauntologists, mordant music, oz, wicca, salem, paganism, tarot, blackhill transmitter, eyedoublecross, the wicker man, what else ya got? let's go down this rabbit hole together. educate me.
    • By ShammenDelly
      Hi Folks
      It's been a long time since I posted here. I wanted to share something new I've been working on, a new EP I just released on May 1st that I hope people here would really enjoy. 
      This is a vivid reimagined vision of a time when Irish Country legend Big Tom and his Mainliners were leaders of 'The Peoples Temple' in Monaghan back in the late 70's and would travel around the country summoning new followers for the sacred dances around stone circles and beaches. His followers would come down the Four Country Roads in droves, the Smithwicks would be flowing and be tainted with thee auwl Magick Mushroomz, the masses would be waltzing and jiving around large fires howling to the skies as the sun rises as the big beat keeps on thumping.

The music in this EP is a mixutre of old and new music Shammen Delly produced in his 'Dunge' up north in Donegal, which sounds like a surreal noise fest of oneric distorted whirling warbly synth chords and thoughts of 70's German Krautrock emotional mellotrons, blending in hidden country bass lines, and a wash of psychedelic industrialistic rhythms and downtempo decrepit trip-hop big beats, and organic recordings of piano,harmonium, and personal tape recordings from Friel's family members throughout the past taken from an old tape the producers mother recorded when she was a kid.
      There's a tapemix I made from Tascam Portastudio 424mkIII sessions titled 'An Evocation to Tonduff' for your listening pleasure also. 
      Listen/Buy here: https://shammendelly.bandcamp.com/album/the-peoples-temple-ov-big-tom

• By fumi
      Out tomorrow.
      LP Released by Castles in Space on Red and Yellow Vinyl. 
      Sleeve notes by Jim Jupp (Ghostbox Records) 
      Douglas E Powell voice/vocals on track 9 Speak your piece. 
      Keith Seatman’s music is an anachronistically repurposed assemblage of sounds, melodies and technologies plundered from different time zones. Perhaps no surprise as he lives and records a stone’s throw from the jaded, yet jaunty seafront of Southsea in Portsmouth on the south coast of England. This album however is far from being a haphazard and spontaneous collage. Keith’s busy and dense soundworld is composed though a very deliberate and painstaking process. Unlikely musical and sonic juxtapositions artfully evoke a sense of place and narrative. This latest excursion is bad-trip psychedelia shot through with wistful and whimsical melodies and occasional haunted voices. 
      So, on Last One In for example, what could be a chirpy and exciting theme tune to a 1970s kid’s adventure series is modulated into a minor key by a sinister synth bass line and menaced by a stomping bother boy rhythm. In the opening track On to the Pier & Down to the Sea, the amusement arcade din is submerged in a watery digital swirl during. Likewise, on Tippy Toe Tippy Toe the tiddly-om-pom-pom of the pier is heard from the point of view some approaching aquatic creature or perhaps by a drowning man. This track heralds the closing section of the album which shifts focus from the seafront to its rustic precursor, the mayday fair. Something weird comes to the village in Waiting by the Window. Sounding as if late period Radiophonic Workshop (when they got hold of expensive synths) had popped back 15 years to work with their boffinish tape wielding forbears. It summons an atmosphere like a Nigel Kneale drama or one of those folk-horror inspired episodes of Dr.Who. Finally, the album’s title track seems to offer a chance of escape to a more rustic idyll with melancholy mellotron flute and mumbled nursery rhymes. But as the album closes it feels like a relentlessly inescapable holiday-special steam train drags us back On to the Pier & Down to the Sea. 

• By Rubin Farr
      A wishlist of 90s-00s goth /industrial / hauntology / occult-related bands from the legendary Cleopatra label, with a choice of colored 7" vinyl, now at a sale price. If this was 1995, I'd be tempted to buy it. Limited to 666 copies of each vinyl color.

https://cleorecs.com/store/shop/occult-box-limited-edition-5-cds-7-lp-w-pendant-chain/

• By Atop
      Can we make lists of Folk Horror films and novels/short stories in this thread? 

The Wicker Man
      Midsommar
      The VVitch
      A Field in England
      Short stories by Algernon Blackwood, Lord Dunsany, Arthur Machen, Poe, Nathaniel Hawthorne.
      That's my short list. 

Tell us what you know!