IGNORED

Things to do in Boston?

Squee

I’m going to Boston near the end of the month for some work related stuff. I will some have time off during the evenings, so what should I do? Where should I eat?

Love,

Squee

In Your Ear Records, 957 Commonwealth Avenue.

Worked there 6 or 7 years, made me who I am today but I forgive them.

Or jump on the commuter rail and head down to Providence and I'll buy you a beer or something, but I can't promise anything exciting because I'm too old to pass for cool anymore.

Take a stroll around Quincy Market & Faneuil Hall, it's an expanse of ye olde towne- shops, food, street entertainers, etc.

Get some good Eye-talian food in the East End.

^In Your Ear is a good record store indeed.

And pahk the cah in Havahd Yahd.

call someone a wicked retahded queeah.

I liked Faneuil Hall quite a bit. I've always liked bustling market-type places. didn't really get to spend much time exploring though.

Do check out Cambridge. Lurk at Harvard Museum of Natural History or just Harvard Square in general, get weird in Central square. Look for some bandsintown. You said in another thread you’ll be near the North End. Yesss. Allston for dirty hipster vibes. Dorchester for the Depahted. I live in Medford and I’ll buy you a beeah.

DJ Night Train i still there?  I assumed he was priced out years ago like everyone else who was interesting.

Is Tricycle Guy still around?

I never get up there anymore because these days going to Boston, having a middle of the road burrito, and going back would cost me a full day's pay.  It's just too expensive up there now.  Still hard to believe that 10 years ago I was living next door to the Sam Adams brewery on an income of about $800 a month and it was fine.Pretty sure rent on that block would be $2000-$3000 now except I don't' think there are any apartments left there now, we were in one of the last places that hadn't gone condo when I left.

Archived