IGNORED

Leaving Neverland: a thread to discuss it

hello spiral

too many people are talking about mj's sexual abuses

not enough are talking about his blatant rip off of everybody wants to rule the world for the way you make me feel. the chunky 12/8 bassline is literally the same. disgusting.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ I know I've seen it like 20 times the past few days. The line delivery is near perfect, I'd recommend his other stuff as well. 

Has anyone posted this utter classic yet?

The ground pounding at the end made me do that where you laugh until you can't breathe anymore and you're struggling for breath. Literally haven't done that since I was a kid.

his music will live on longer than these stories (which I basically believe although I hate the way they were told etc in a sort of eugene-lite way) 

his music is more powerful than momentary moral outrage. make that change.

I wonder if this will be the case. Your statement would for sure be true if it were 20 years ago. Obviously the influence will last for a long time in pop music, but the culture meta is changing in ways that punish people who do horrible things. Bill Cosby is basically blacklisted and there's lots of talk about whether Michael's music should be blacklisted or not. But then again Michael is/was a much bigger star. It'll be interesting to see what will happen. Either way it ends up makes sense. 

IMHO the music has nothing to do with what the man did. But also I wouldn't care if the music was blacklisted.

too many people are talking about mj's sexual abuses

not enough are talking about his blatant rip off of everybody wants to rule the world for the way you make me feel. the chunky 12/8 bassline is literally the same. disgusting.

Even MJ had to swallow

his pride and bow to the sheer majesty and soaring genius of Tears For Fears.

so i been following along the controversy if this doc since i heard about it maybe weeks ago, i have been obsessed with it actually.

mj fans seem to be on a huge ultra denial trip about these dudes wanting money for their story, a lot of them are trying to defend michael without actually having seen the doc. 

it's gross how they work to, they are like a weird cult that has a godlike leader that they all idolize.

while viewing a thread on reddit about the r kelly doc, i was reminded about this doc coming out soon and i wanted to see it because like most of the world, i loved michael jackson, i have fond memories of listening to his music when i was just starting to discover music at a young age. dude be having some tight lush snares on them beats.

but when the allegations about him touching lil boys came about, i believed the media, i dunno why, but there was always a peculiar sense of denial i have noticed in mike, also he's just plain fuckin weird. so when i first heard about the jesus juice mentioned in the trial, i knew that dude was up to no good (jesus juice being the made up drink of white wine and pepsi that mj would distribute to those he preyed on.).

after watching the doc, i it was clear that these dudes were telling the truth, i didn't deny or eel like anything was fabricated as a lie, but accepted it as the truth and still do.

so i went and searched for it on reddit and i noticed tha most of the threads about the doc were super getting downvoted by what i could only assume was the MJ cult, those weird dudes from all over the world that freak out over the very existence of mj as if her were jesus part 2 and could do no harm.

i noticed it first when i would reply in comments and mentioning jesus juice. them i joined and browsed r/leavingneverland, only to find out that the mods have been deleting and banning people speaking bad about mike, the comments in the threads were all sorted by controversy, which happen to be the posts that were downvoted the most by those i feel knew the truth. so they basically made it seem like the top posts you would see were basically nutters defending MJ.

then i found out that there was an actual subreddit dedicated to the doc where there was a mega thread for allegations against michael with all sorts of proof and vids and documents indicating that mj was truly a monster.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LeavingNeverlandHBO/comments/b01mq3/megathread_the_case_against_michael_jackson/

now bare in mind, i am struggling with separating the art from the artists, but some of that art comes from a dark place, i haven't actively listen to mikes music because i am not that much of a fanatic for his music as i was a kid, but i can't help but have a natural admiration for the songs i adore from him.

i feel like i can see myself enjoying his music in the future, but right now, i'm just disgusted that this dude groomed the whole world into thinkin that he just liked  children because he missed out on a childhood. but what fuckin kid at any age wants to hold hands with other boys and handsome boys at that, mike wasn't fuckin wit no fat ugly kids.

the young celebs that say mike never touched them, i believe them, them muh fukkas is stars and i felt like they were decoys for his false innocence.

that muh fukka is a sick predator and the paintings and status he had of lil boys was just fucking weird and fucked up.
not only that, i believe what his former maid had to say about him as well.

it was a dark few days after seeing that doc.

sucks that he has a song i long for  people to sing me, because my name is Ben.

haha

If you want some real entertainment go to the imdb page for the doc and read all the 1 star reviews

hahha, ok, will do.

i think i read somewhere that the doc has 100% score on rotten tomaters.

This was really hard to watch...

I've never been a fan of MJ... but my oldest stepdaughter loves MJ and TJ5.

The whole time... knowing what he'd been accused of, and what is pretty much... certainly... pedophilia... that he engaged in...

I... couldn't help but want to keep this oldest stepdaughter of mine from seeing this documentary. Or even hearing about it.

It's just....

Fucking depressing.

Fuck. Ing.

Depressing.

I probably shouldn't have watched it.

Archived