IGNORED

Leaving Neverland: a thread to discuss it

hello spiral

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The parents are like 99% as bad as MJ. Under what fucking circumstances would you leave a kid with a black man who is trying to look like Courtney Cox?

Does anyone remember a television special from maybe the late 90's/early Aught's where there were long interviews with MJ and a tour of Neverland, including a scene of him climbing in his "Idea Tree" and famous paintings replicated with his head on them?

How different is this doc from that special, aside from the obvious accusatory aspect?

This is two troubled gay men describing how MJ tongued their arseholes when they were young gay boys, while their mums attempt to explain why the fuck they left their sons alone with him

They're not gay though.. They're both married to women.

So was MJ, so 'people wouldn't think things' (according to the docu).

i'm sure that'll show him and the other pedos!

Yeah, this will be a real deterrent to all those other pedos who voiced characters on The Simpsons. Except maybe Weird Al. Or Hank Azaria. 

About Corey and Macaulay Culkin, it would be a good idea from Michael's "position" to befriend a few famous child stars and treat them "normally" since they could turn into powerful allies later, which they did.  Macaulay Culkin says he never slept in bed with Michael. Apparently his bedroom is 3 stories or something.

his music will live on longer than these stories (which I basically believe although I hate the way they were told etc in a sort of eugene-lite way) 

his music is more powerful than momentary moral outrage. make that change.

his music will live on longer than these stories (which I basically believe although I hate the way they were told etc in a sort of eugene-lite way)

I'm curious if watmm would say the same if say afx turned out to be a raging pedofile

edit: to clarify, it makes much more sense to me to make all of his music public domain rather than erasing it

I'm curious if watmm would say the same if say afx turned out to be a raging pedofile

edit: to clarify, it makes much more sense to me to make all of his music public domain rather than erasing it

I think if the music was public domain we would hear it a shit ton more than we already do

I think if the music was public domain we would hear it a shit ton more than we already do

yea but the point being, is the music like morally wrong in itself? I don't really get the argument there

I understand not wanting to spread the works of a reprehensible person but is the problem there with the person or with their craft? if the problem is with the person I think making it impossible to profit from the work makes more sense.. also opening it up for anyone to remix it, parody it, ridicule it etc

Or better even detaching the work from the artist so like in 100 years nobody will remember that these tracks where made by michael jackson

they where just made by someone, and are like ok sounding... if you think about it is actually a much more sinister punishment in a sense

maybe erasing the work is the correct thing to do.. I just don't get the argument really

idunno, im just ranting.. there was a different thread on this topic at some point anyway

not really, considering the huge amount of talent that was involved in making that music that wasn't mj. quincy, temperton, toto, etc etc. Do they have any "ownership" of that music. well of course they do. it doesn't belong to michael jackson alone and it never has. in fact the music belongs to all of us, listeners who were moved by it. that music has meant so much to so many that it's a net loss for the world to see its "cancellation" simply over a tortured artist's criminal and moral misbehavior later in life. i'm amazed that this is such a problem for so many people right now. 

well yea that's the point w mein kampf there is clearly something wrong w the work itself, so that I get

edit:

not really, considering the huge amount of talent that was involved in making that music that wasn't mj. quincy, temperton, toto, etc etc. Do they have any "ownership" of that music. well of course they do. it doesn't belong to michael jackson alone and it never has. in fact the music belongs to all of us, listeners who were moved by it. that music has meant so much to so many that it's a net loss for the world to see its "cancellation" simply over a tortured artist's criminal and moral misbehavior later in life. i'm amazed that this is such a problem for so many people right now.

but that's what I'm saying, you make a good point that the music isn't mjs alone.. can his sole ownership of it not be revoked instead of erasing the music itself?

maybe there is no legal way to do that but imo there should be, it feels kinda unfair as you imply that art stays attached to whatever the artist does in this way (unfair to the art, to the public etc)

that awkward moment when you realize thriller was about anally raping young boys:

"ahahahahahahahaha

It's close to midnight
Something evil's lurking from the dark
Under the moonlight
You see a sight that almost stops your heart
You try to scream
But terror takes the sound before you make it
You start to freeze
As horror looks you right between your eyes
You're paralyzed
'Cause this is thriller
Thriller night
And no one’s gonna save you
From the beast about to strike
You know it’s thriller
"

He named his benus "thriller" apparently.

Archived