IGNORED

Keith Flint dead

scumtron

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Legendary Prodigy frontman Keith Flint has been found dead at his home in Essex, age 49.

Whilst not everybody's cup of tea, their influence on British rave culture is undeniable over the years.

*edit*

News - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47442312

Gutted, seen them live only twice over the years but their music has influenced me hugely.

R.I.P 49 so young!! :-(

Fire/Jericho-single and later Experience from 1992 is probably the most important release getting me into electronic music. It really opened a new world to me.

Totally agree with that. Early Prodigy was very good.

The Prodigy lost there way imo long time ago. I cherish their early stuff but now they just make cheese but yeah such a shame about Keith. I love those early videos of them dancing like maniacs lol.

Sorry multiple thread, didn't see this one.

RIP indeed.

Probably filmed at their peak, the biggest band in the world. Destroying Red Square in Moscow and giving the full punk middle finger to the masses.

I remember watching this on MTV when I was 14 or 15 and it blew my mind.

The Prodigy lost there way imo long time ago. I cherish their early stuff but now they just make cheese but yeah such a shame about Keith. I love those early videos of them dancing like maniacs lol.

I listened to their latest album No Tourists recently and didn't think it was that bad, certainly not a patch on their first 3 albums but plenty of tunes designed for live consumption / devastation.

Their later stuff was shit but they could still provide the goods live. As a teenager Firestarter and Breathe were fucking wicked.

Their live shows never lost it imo

Albumwise To me they were a 90s band that lost it in the 2000s

But live they were still brilliant

I was working in the bar during their show and heard the whole thing. Never been to a more intense show ever.

When i was 15 i tried to copy keith flints haircut using hair spray, my mother never lets me forget how embarrassing it was, looked nothing like him. Haha. I used to goto computer animation class when i was a teen, and there was this older kid who had jilted generation on cd. We used to listen to it while rendering in autodesk animator. Hehe.

Totally gutted,49 too young

Prodigy. It started with Charlie for me which was a bit meh. I was totally insane about Experience album. It was so awesome. Oh, "Out of space"... I couldn't believe there could be more awesomeness to come. But it happened. WARP, Ae Incunabula, etc etc.

The youngest tracks I loved from them were Omen and Thunder (Invaders must die). Good dancefloor stuff.

He totally brought the goods live.

He and Maxim together were incendiary (no pun intended)

Poison, Firestarter, Smack, Breathe, all awesome from the mosh pit.

Just read a rumour that he took his own life, so sad if true.

Previous Rock am Ring video, look at 3:30, it's impressive, masses under their control.

Yep, thats some great crowd footage.

I remember seeing them at Brixton Academy in 2005 ish and they opened the set with Break & Enter, Their Law and Breathe.  Devastation.  Completely lost all my crew in the mosh pit and never saw them again until until after the end.  Never sweat so much at a gig before.

I guess this signals the end of the Prodigy, not sure how they would carry on without him?

Damn. I was at one of the Brixton gigs -either end of 2005 or early 2006 and I remember being drenched in sweat once The Prodigy started.  If I'm not mistaken, that was the tour period they started playing stuff from The Experience again ... one of my most memorable gigs...everyone moshing. RIP.

Previous Rock am Ring video, look at 3:30, it's impressive, masses under their control.

Yep, thats some great crowd footage.

I remember seeing them at Brixton Academy in 2005 ish and they opened the set with Break & Enter, Their Law and Breathe.  Devastation.  Completely lost all my crew in the mosh pit and never saw them again until until after the end.  Never sweat so much at a gig before.

I guess this signals the end of the Prodigy, not sure how they would carry on without him?

Archived