IGNORED

Keith Flint dead

scumtron

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad news, I haven't kept up as much with their new stuff but The Fat of The Land came out when I was 11 and was pretty much my gateway into electronic music. I'll probably have to listen to revisit some of the early stuff today.

Goddamn this is gutting. Rave on Keith and thank you for all of the music. 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/04/im-done-kill-keith-flints-brutally-honest-approach-death-growing-old-8805665/amp/?ito=amp-more-item-1

In an interview with Matt Blake back in 2015, the late star reflected on his time and told the publication how he wanted to look back over a ‘fulfilled life.’

He said: ‘I’m not saving up for anything. I’m cashing it all now. I’ve always had this thing inside me that, when I’m done, I’ll kill myself.

‘I swear to God that’s not suicidal – it’s definitely a positive thing. The moment I start shitting the bed is when you’ll see me on the front of a bus.’

‘When I’m done, I’ll kill myself’ 

Joking with the reporter, the singer then took a more heartfelt approach to the conversation, where he added: ‘I think I’m very generous of spirit with the people I love, but I can also be a very selfish person too.

‘I’ve grown up knowing nobody is going to look after me, so if I don’t, who is? I’m not frightened of who I am; I just want to look back and know that I’ve lived what I consider a fulfilled life.

‘That’s all. Happy days.’

Sad news, I haven't kept up as much with their new stuff but The Fat of The Land came out when I was 11 and was pretty much my gateway into electronic music. I'll probably have to listen to revisit some of the early stuff today.

No Tourists seemed watered down compared with The Day Is My Enemy.

I was looking forward to whatever would have come after No Tourists.  :sad:

Remember being at Glenelg Backpackers (near Adelaide) and getting into a mates piece of shit car he had bought 17th hand (but it worked) and tuning into Triple J when all of us heard Breathe for the first time. All four of us nodded after it finished and maybe all said at the same time 'that is a fucking tune'

Sad news.

I remember early in my formative years The Prodigy got heavy rotation on Australian music programs, rage, Video Hits, Channel V, Triple J radio, etc. Pretty confronting stuff for a young mind in a sea of pop music, especially Breathe and Firestarter. Really helped spur me into electronic music.

Can't say I was particularly a fan of The Prodigy, but I saw them for $20 at Brisbane Riverstage back in like 2008. Was a fun night!

Fat of the Land was a great record. Nearly wore it out from pulling it out of my CD wallet so many times.

RIP

I haven’t logged-in in what seems like forever, but I came here to pay my respects in the only place I know of where a lot of us grew up listening to The Prodigy. I knew this thread would be here.

R.I.P. Keith. Thank you for all the ridiculousness and good times.

Archived