IGNORED

Physical Sales Killed By Digital Sales, Digital Sales Killed By Streaming

Joyrex

is it really that hard to just use soulseek and an iPod classic and just find music yourself + occasionally pay artists accordingly with the music you enjoy ?? :emotawesomepm9:

there b no more ipod classics, and altough there is a small market of affordable mp3 players none really compare to what once was...

edit: (I still opt for this option despite that tho, but I understand why most people wouldn't)

There are other portable music players out there but the high-end stuff is ridiculously overpriced. The cheap ones are really cheap but I don't know about the quality?

yeaaah. i've looked into a few of those but found it all a bit too sketchy to invest money into trying, so i've never bothered. 

using phone to play files works fine but i'd really prefer it if i just had a brand new ipod classic.. with individual tactile playback buttons ... volume and scroll wheel... no touch controls.... *drooling on keyboard*

still rockin an iaudio9 filled with mp3s (sourced from flacs which are sourced from torrents) for my portable music needs. no streaming for me. physical media gets bought when something excites me enough (primarily vinyl, CD if not available). rarely go for digitalz.

I've actually decided to stop buying physical media or at least do it as little as possible. This includes music (vinyl, cd and cassette), movies, tv series, books and comics books. Once I get back to Finland I think I'll be selling or giving away most of the stuff I have. It just simply doesn't fit into how I'm living anymore, just gathering dust in the storage room. Also probably going to be getting rid of my HW synths and just focus on SW.

I don't know if this is the right place to complain about this but why the fuck there isn't a Bleep shop app similar to the Bandcamp app where you could stream the music you've bought? I just need to keep copying the files from device to device to not to use the limited downloads like some pleb from 2002.

and why doesn't the bc app stream your shit in 320!

i still buy digital. lots of bandcamp + bleep purchases. 

i've pretty much outright stopped buying vinyl. once JB HI FI (Australian music/movie/videogame franchise store ala HMV) started stocking and selling vinyl properly, and not just a niche basket bin in the corner, it's almost like a click of the finger and everything is now 3x as expensive lol ...

I don't know if this is the right place to complain about this but why the fuck there isn't a Bleep shop app similar to the Bandcamp app where you could stream the music you've bought? I just need to keep copying the files from device to device to not to use the limited downloads like some pleb from 2002.

and why doesn't the bc app stream your shit in 320!

what does bandcamp stream at? 

i found bc a lot slower and chunkier than other streaming apps, and i figure it has to do with the site having WAVs uploaded and needing to compress them as part of the streaming solution? or something. .?

I think mp3-v0 is ok when listening with earbuds from phone but yeah 128kbps I can hear, especially if it's ambient or similar.

Archived