IGNORED

SP2400

TheBro

Had a quick look at that. Doesn't seem as though he's massively hung up on matching the sound of the SP12/00, which is....disappointing. Other than that I'm curious. Someone is going to make a decent clone at some point, whether it's this company I don't know.

Had a quick look at that. Doesn't seem as though he's massively hung up on matching the sound of the SP12/00, which is....disappointing. Other than that I'm curious. Someone is going to make a decent clone at some point, whether it's this company I don't know.

Took the words out of my mouth. I kept waiting to hear *anything* on replicating the AD/DA and filters of the 1200 and nothing. I cannot think of another reason to want a 1200 with the current options available. 

With that said, recent SP-1200 video that makes me smile:

Pre-emptive "fuck you" to anyone who dares insult Mannie Fresh.

Yeah, literally the only reason to make a new SP1200 would be to meticulously replicate the sound and workflow of the original.  More memory and modern storage would make sense  but other than that, what's the point?

A really authentic 1200 but with a bank system so you could store a ton of banks of samples on SD cards and swap between them, and maybe longer sampling time available (but maybe not, even the limited sample time is a big part of the workflow of that kind of old machine) but otherwise it was a faithful clone - THAT would be amazing.

This seems kind of redundant, and also the renders look like it'll have those awful rubber membrane buttons that everyone uses now.

With that said, recent SP-1200 video that makes me smile:

Pre-emptive "fuck you" to anyone who dares insult Mannie Fresh.

idk anything about the sp1200 or this new thing but Mannie Fresh is fun, that video is fun, who would insult him, nice stuff :)

Archived