IGNORED

Meat Beat Manifesto - Opaque Couché (2LP)

"The picture disc is limited to 300 copies, with 150 copies allocated to Electronic Sound readers, and this edition will not be available from any other outlets in the UK or Europe.

‘Opaque Couché’ follows hot on the heels of last year’s ‘Impossible Star’ and is a double album, so two slabs of chunky vinyl for your money. It features 16 brand new Meat Beat tracks – a stew of window-rattling beats and pyrotechnic electronics – and is released in an embossed gatefold sleeve.

The album takes its title from what has been described as the ugliest colour in the world. It’s often used on cigarette packaging in an attempt to discourage smoking. The picture disc version features a solid block of opaque couché on all four sides of the album, which was the only way that Meat Beat man Jack Dangers could get the colour onto vinyl."

1. Untroduction

2. Pin Drop

3. [Ear-Lips]

4. Agelast

5. Hailing Frequencies Open

6. Bolinas

7. Call Sign

8. Moving Pulse

9. No Design

10. C/2015 V2

11. CarrierFreq

12. Forced To Lie

13. Break Test

14. Present for Sally

15. Critical Soul Vibrations

16. Wandering Soul #11

https://electronicsound.co.uk/product/meat-beat-manifesto-opaque-couche/

https://meatbeatmanifesto.bandcamp.com/album/opaque-couch

mbm.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.. after the confusion from yesterday... I will say that I'm extremely excited for this obviously. Ordered the "picture disc" set instantly. anyone else a little afraid they might sound like shit?? ala SAW II brown vinyls? Just a hesitation. I know colored pressings have come a long way since the early 90s. And if the 12" pressing is anything to go by, it will sound phenomenal. Two MBM albums in 15 months?? How are we so lucky. Of course now I have already heard two of the tracks....

My mind went to Tri Repetae too. First Bjarki and now this? people paying respects to the b boys. "rochdale does it better."

Jack says of the album: "Opaque Couché * continues the search for the most imperfect pop song, with sixteen opaque tracks it can be seen as a companion to Impossible Star"

Yeah pin dorp is great, looking forward to copping the colour digital vinyls.

I see Jack's nicked the other 2 kasm tracks for this release, guess I'll just go ahead and delete that ep when this comes out

oh god. you're right. and two others appeared on the 2016 tour EP. that's half the album already?!? don't know the track lengths i suppose but this is becoming less CA$HNE$$ than expected. 

edit: after speaking to my lawyers i would like to reiterate that i am *in no way* complaining about this new release "opaque couche" from jack dangers and ben stokes under the name meat beat manifesto

Fuck yes! A whole new MBM album already, always ready for more from Jack and the gang. Hoping this means more tour dates as well, still hoping to get a chance to see them live.

oh god. you're right. and two others appeared on the 2016 tour EP. that's half the album already?!? don't know the track lengths i suppose but this is becoming less CA$HNE$$ than expected. 

edit: after speaking to my lawyers i would like to reiterate that i am *in no way* complaining about this new release "opaque couche" from jack dangers and ben stokes under the name meat beat manifesto

perhaps they are expanded versions again? I'd be okay with that.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Anyway Impossible Star was rather good, so I have no reason to doubt Jack will deliver the goods. He did drop an absurd amount of archive stuff this week (just today??) though.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Anyway Impossible Star was rather good, so I have no reason to doubt Jack will deliver the goods. He did drop an absurd amount of archive stuff this week (just today??) though.

Archive? I thought it was all previously released stuff

Archive? I thought it was all previously released stuff
Oh might be. I don't know the pre-Satyricon catalog too well.

Fuck yes! A whole new MBM album already, always ready for more from Jack and the gang. Hoping this means more tour dates as well, still hoping to get a chance to see them live.

more dates are imminent

Exciting news, but "Pin Drop" isn't doing much for me. And I never even got around to listening to Impossible Star in its entirety - just some tracks while shuffling my queue. Perhaps recent MBM isn't moving me very much.

Exciting news, but "Pin Drop" isn't doing much for me. And I never even got around to listening to Impossible Star in its entirety - just some tracks while shuffling my queue. Perhaps recent MBM isn't moving me very much.

now the number of tracks in the queue to shuffle has doubled.

i really enjoyed Impossible Star. with the preview track here + tracks from previously release EP, have to imagine impossible star is a good indication on whether you'll enjoy this new or not. 

Archived