IGNORED

Meat Beat Manifesto - Opaque Couché (2LP)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knee jerk comment: Just about half way through and impressed as always. Enjoying the balance of new ideas and directions in tracks like Ear-Lips and Moving Pulse(!), as well as those classic MBM vibes on Pin-Drop and No Design. Can't wait to fully absorb this.

still a little frustrated that I had already heard 6 tracks from this album before it was even released. kind of ruins the flow. I like the agelast mix on kasm2 better than this one too. other than that, good as usual, will need more time to sink in.

First impression is that some of the tracks sound a little same-y to my ears. Impossible Star seemed much more varied. Good but I'm not overwhelmed like I was with IS.

Knee-jerk first impression of course. Will be listening all weekend ?

This album is okay, nothing more. I do like the Agelast remix. I think the overall quality is nowhere near Impossible Star but I feel like nearly all the tracks were originally pieces that weren't considered strong enough to be included on there. Still good to have some new MBM.

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

im sure it will grow on me after the initial disappointment of it not being another sub sammich or RUOK.

Very few albums by any artists can even come close to those — esp Sub.

22 hours ago, Extralife said:

Very few albums by any artists can even come close to those — esp Sub.

of course, but everytime theres a new one you keep that little hope in the back of your mind... that maybe.. just maybe

Hard to compare to the old classics but I am thoroughly enjoying this on first listen. Yes, a bit disappointing to have a few familiar tracks, but they really flow together with the newer stuff well.

oh

and that bass. 

Jack still got it yall.

damn that sucks. vinyl sounds great apart from agelast which had some clipping and distortion that wasn't intentional. also the colored vinyl is standard black with a small disc of color pressed on top and bottom. the edges are black it's kinda odd but cool.

Archived