Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rubin Farr

Meat Beat Manifesto - Opaque Couché (2LP)

Recommended Posts

On 5/14/2019 at 10:25 AM, StephenG said:
On 5/13/2019 at 8:29 AM, jules said:

I can't stop replaying Moving Pulse. Jam!

Yeh that's a good one.

 

Whole album is quite good actually.

I knew my initial thoughts were way too hasty. Really enjoying this album now, almost as much (but not quite) as Impossible Star. 

Hands down favorite is Moving Pulse. But literally every other track is scratchin' an itch for me lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a really standout album for me. A lot of what makes MBM great is peppered throughout. All sorts of dreary robotic and old recorded voices. The choppy fast paced tracks like Pin Drop, Call Sign, No Design and Critical Soul Vibrations. The gooey ambiance of Agelast and Bolinas. Jack also singing on Forced to LieEar Lips is claustrophobic and sounds like its being sung to by some sort of science accident creature from The Fly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like some of the copies coming from Electronic Sound have dinged up covers due to poor shipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Sounds like some of the copies coming from Electronic Sound have dinged up covers due to poor shipping.

after checking that I ordered thru ES, I have to say - with my previous overseas shipping track record - I expect the worst 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Bolinas' is a standout track imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well even though i got a refund for the electronic sound order i placed... they still sent me a ltd edition. with package damage and all! anyone want one? pm me to chat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My colored vinyl finally came today, and no whammy!  there's no sleeve damage to speak of.  Somebody give the Lord a hand clap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After having a while to digest the vinyl, I think I like this LP better than Impossible Star.  Yes, there are some bits of recycled beats and bass lines, but that's always been par for Jack.  The vibe of this album speaks to a more modern MBM sound while retaining recognizable elements.  And my sleeve wasn't even torn.  AOTY material here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

After having a while to digest the vinyl, I think I like this LP better than Impossible Star.  Yes, there are some bits of recycled beats and bass lines, but that's always been par for Jack.  The vibe of this album speaks to a more modern MBM sound while retaining recognizable elements.  And my sleeve wasn't even torn.  AOTY material here.

It is very very good. Not sure if it’s better than Impossible yet but it’s right up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's good and at times better than impossible star. I've moved on from being a butthurt ultra and getting upset at the track recycling as I grow more and more familiar with the other tracks. still not even as good as Autoimmune which to me is the most "recent" MBM that was amazing. Not a track on here that is as good as Less or Spanish Vocoder or Lonely Soldier. In that respect it is slightly disappointing because IS and OC could have been one album of all new material. 

 

Not enough funny samples for me but it's still great. If it plays it stays

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this duo.

 

Spoiler

image.png.778c2a164ff2e584a49c880eeb018101.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dr lopez said:

it's good and at times better than impossible star. I've moved on from being a butthurt ultra and getting upset at the track recycling as I grow more and more familiar with the other tracks. still not even as good as Autoimmune which to me is the most "recent" MBM that was amazing. Not a track on here that is as good as Less or Spanish Vocoder or Lonely Soldier. In that respect it is slightly disappointing because IS and OC could have been one album of all new material. 



 

Not enough funny samples for me but it's still great. If it plays it stays

 

I'm pretty new to MbM. Like really new. Pretty much started with IS. 

Figure I should grab Subliminal and Autoimmune next dlo? You seem like one of the experts on mbm. :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no expert - just a crazy fan. I would also recommend RUOK, and actual sounds + voices although it drags a bit at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

no expert - just a crazy fan. I would also recommend RUOK, and actual sounds + voices although it drags a bit at the end.

Agreed. I’d also highly recommended Jack’s solo album, Loudness Clarifies. It’s excellent and could easily pass for MBM if it carried that name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Dope, I think I'll go with those probably in the order they were released, thank you!

 

(also enjoyed Test EP/It's Just the Music under The Forger alias, I don't see that one mentioned often?)

Edited by StephenG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 10:38 PM, StephenG said:

I'm pretty new to MbM.

welcome to fascinating world of audio frequency equalization...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's that shirt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...