IGNORED

NTS playing SAW2 in its entirety for 25th anniversary

Rubin Farr

I'm suspicious. SAW 2 is quite a trippy and dark album. Yet seems nowadays every man and his dog loves it, even the local vicar is driving round the home counties blasting it on his car stereo.

Along with Metal Box by PiL. Another album apparently loads of MOR jobsworths are into. 

Don't think so. I think if I played both albums at your Summer Fayre, everyone on the village green would be running for the hills, without their homemade hamper of cheese scones, Victoria sponges and homemade plum jam.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when my mate first got SAW 2, double cassette version. Think he got it at Heathrow Airport on the way to Canada on a whim.

Anyway, we all hated it and ripped the piss out of him.

SAW2 is my ultimate focus/study music, alongside BOC's MHTRTC. 

Hey you know who else just turned 25? Justin Bieber. Cheers to 1994, I guess.

I remember when my mate first got SAW 2, double cassette version. Think he got it at Heathrow Airport on the way to Canada on a whim.

Yeah my mates were too. That or nirvana. Everyone thought I was odd af.

lol warp Facebook just shared the nts link...

edit : I guess warp really hate money, a repress would be an instant cash grab but no ! what about another RnB album or any random shit of the same kind ?

edit : I guess warp really hate money, a repress would be an instant cash grab but no ! what about another RnB album or any random shit of the same kind ?

I wonder if the people responsible for signing future brown are the same responsible for saw II back then. I guess not

I think they blew all their cash on the wonderful web design

D0_nXgGX4AA6_yN.jpg

thank god someone is doing something official for this. does warp hate this album?

you can't sell an album in meaningful numbers that literally has the word Ambient in title. 

1972 repress or nothing!

Warp : Hey guys, what about a new groundbreaking album ? do you like Yves Tumor ?

Watmm : fuck off ! gives us SAW II and Drukqs repress !!!

Warp : BOOM !!! HERE YA GO !!! STEREOLAB REISSUES !!!!

Watmm :  :cerious:

SAWII was a major part to the soundtrack to my late night revision / coursework sessions at uni.  Would easily listen to it fully once a week.  It helped me focus and meditate.

Still play it regularly now - had disc 1 on last weekend actually.

Thx Richy

Coool write up on RA

https://www.residentadvisor.net/reviews/23648

Actually I got to give RA it's due, last year or so they've really got me into some decent stuff (UIQ, whities, Nkisi, Donato Dozzy)

Also wise move they pulled the plug on their comments section. That was no use to either man or beast.

High five from me to you.

Hmm, I first heard  SAW II on cassette, few years after it's release when some friend borrow it from other friend just for me, he gave me it with some little bonus, jar of shrooms, so my first listening of this album is forever connected with delusional dying experience, still beautiful, exceptional but also frightening ...

Waiting for repress

Coool write up on RA

Actually I got to give RA it's due, last year or so they've really got me into some decent stuff (UIQ, whities, Nkisi, Donato Dozzy)

I like RA too, check it frequently. Their 'Machine Love' feature is really cool: artists talk about their gear and mixing tricks. Read em all, really like the Jon Hopkins one and the Handwerk Audio one. 

SAW II: very good, White Blur 2: a major boo aphex moment.

Possibly my least favorite AFX song. It could be ok if it was shorter but man, it feels like it goes on for ages. Happy 25 though!

white blur 2 is brilliant, its designed to mess with your sense of time, the way it speeds and slows down throughout. probably the most trancelike track, especially as it comes at the end when youre probably well zoned out ;)

lol

It's such a tense album, it's not ambient at all except maybe for Rhubarb, Blue Calx and Stone in Focus. I always had a difficult time listening to it in full because of how uneasy it made me feel.

Archived