IGNORED

APHEX TWIN ALBUMS RANKED BY MOST COLLECTED, MOST WANTED, AND MOST EXPENSIVE

W23

The only real surprise here is that Field Day LP is so much further below Houston, though I guess its availability in the Bleepstore could explain that. Still, Houston is just 2 mixes of the same song. Field Day may as well be considered a proper album.

What a bunch of stamp collectors, and again no Hab

Having to gard an exclusive afx record all day on an afx concert and at a festival is like a gift from hell damn!

Big up to my bros here at watmm who just got home totally wrecked and still ripped the afx gig vinylz for us, thanks

Had virtually everything in the 90s in multiple formats. Sold bits at a personal low point along with my studio. Regret it to this day and dream of getting it all back plus the bits I didn't buy in the 00s.

My advice. Keep it.

All my Aphex Twin stuff is on Spotify. I sold all my vinyl/CDs ages ago in a material purge before I moved across the country (2800 miles)

Funnily enough, they removed CAT023 from Discogs... it sold for far, far more than anything on that pathetic list.

CAT023 was a one of a kind "release" - it's not comparable. Sure, it sold for exponentially higher than everything else on the list, but unless one of the holders of the 10 pressings puts their copy up for auction it's not even collectible in the first place.

Funnily enough, they removed CAT023 from Discogs... it sold for far, far more than anything on that pathetic list.

probably all the people claiming to own it. i'm sure it was up to 28 at one point. the 10x geogaddi promo still has an impressive 15 owners.

My Aphex records just sit in a box, keep thinking I should sell them but... inertia

same here. i don't even have a turntable these days, lol.

didn't you used to own the NIN downward spiral collector's edition? unless you're as lazy as i am, you could probably make some good scratch...

Didn’t own TDS but I did buy the Ghosts special edition box set and flipped it. Same with Analord binder.

Drukqs and Rushup Edge are the most temping ones for me to offload, people seem to pay a lot for those if Discogs is to be believed.

CAT023 was a one of a kind "release" - it's not comparable. Sure, it sold for exponentially higher than everything else on the list, but unless one of the holders of the 10 pressings puts their copy up for auction it's not even collectible in the first place.

So CAT034 (ABB5) counts just because more test pressings made it into the wild?

probably all the people claiming to own it. i'm sure it was up to 28 at one point. the 10x geogaddi promo still has an impressive 15 owners.

Thought/question - but I imagine people don't rush to remove it from their discogs collection after they sell it? Is it possible all of those owners did own it at some point?

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of the prices mentioned in the article don't match up with the prices listed in the database. What gives? (Houston is $800 in the article yet highest sold price in the database is around $200 for example)

Someone is offering Rushup Edge 3x12" for €1500, that seems a bit much. Great album EP for sure but not significantly rare.

That's mad money for a pretty common (as they go) release...

Archived