IGNORED

envunken

dingformung

the beat isn't that random. it's reducing the amount of 16th at every bar, so 16/16, 15/16, 14/16, 13/16 etc and going back to 16/16 after every 8th bar. The occasional change to triplets is admittedly pretty random tho

thanks for listening

It's cool how about half way through the drum pattern suddenly drops in intensity , it has more of a half time feel which I wasn't expecting. And then drops out completely. weird structure but works so well

I also like the last part without the drums best. I do like the part with the drums though, just that I think after the 1.30 mark some plucky melody or a sweeping pad or something needs to come in.

How did you make this, lots of chopped up samples?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

You might be right, there probably really should be some other element coming in after a while for a better arc of suspense.

I didn't use samples for this one. For the drums I used Microtonic (has a really straight forward way of synthesizing drum sounds). For the Karplus-Strong effects on the drums I used Sandman Pro and modulated the cross feedback and the freeze of the delay. For the rhythmical wonkiness I made use of the uncompensated latency of SpecOps and had a square wave LFO alter between the dry and the wet (slightly delayed) signal, the speed of the LFO was determined by a sample & hold LFO, this gave it some interesting choppy groove. Just used a ton of the UnfilteredAudio plugins with their amazing modular functionality, really a fan of all of their Vsts: https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/

You might be right, there probably really should be some other element coming in after a while for a better arc of suspense.

I didn't use samples for this one. For the drums I used Microtonic (has a really straight forward way of synthesizing drum sounds). For the Karplus-Strong effects on the drums I used Sandman Pro and modulated the cross feedback and the freeze of the delay. For the rhythmical wonkiness I made use of the uncompensated latency of SpecOps and had a square wave LFO alter between the dry and the wet (slightly delayed) signal, the speed of the LFO was determined by a sample & hold LFO, this gave it some interesting choppy groove. Just used a ton of the UnfilteredAudio plugins with their amazing modular functionality, really a fan of all of their Vsts: https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/

Great, thanks for the insights!

Like the sounds and the icy yet sweet vibe.

There's this wobbly, plonky sort of melody that keeps going throughout the entire track that it might actually be nice to vary a little more.

Other than that, though, there's enough going on to maintain interest. And no, not random to me at all.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

I slowed it down and added some compressors and very subtle exciters and tape emulators + oversampling

Much better! Give the fuckery some space. But now it's to long for just that theme. Bring in a second theme after 5 minutes with a different rhythm and morph both into each other.

28 minutes ago, Psychotronic said:

Much better! Give the fuckery some space. But now it's to long for just that theme. Bring in a second theme after 5 minutes with a different rhythm and morph both into each other.

Very good tip! I had something similar in mind. Thanks for the feedback

Archived