IGNORED

AFX + novation bass station

perunamuusi

'.. in addition to the microtuning that we put in ..' 

makes me wonder about that ^ cos microtuning was added to peak pretty shortly after novation bass station got the update, and peak has the option to make tuning scales using the on screen controls ala korg monologue. 

If Rich can make me want this synth he is officially a genius. Have zero interest in it what so ever right now....can't imagine what he could add.

Disclaimer: I only buy synths that do microtuning. This is my GAS prohibiter.but monosynths that do microtuning are ten a penny due to CV.

Pretty sure he’s had a hand in tubbutec’s utune module. There’s a video somewhere where there’s an “afx” tuning loaded up. Not proof I know but given its the most extensive tuning module for eurorack, I wouldn’t be surprised if he had some input on it.

He also admitted to bugging Dave smith instruments to incorporate mt. And of course Sequentix. Polyend’s perc too seems to be designed off of his comment about having a portable solenoid beater set and he’s on their webpage endorsing it.

Gear concepts for cash

All his gear collabs are "add micro tuning" I expected way more from him. The monologue doesn't even have cv gate. Least ground breaking thing he's done is gear endorsements

Pretty sure he’s had a hand in tubbutec’s utune module. There’s a video somewhere where there’s an “afx” tuning loaded up. Not proof I know but given its the most extensive tuning module for eurorack, I wouldn’t be surprised if he had some input on it.

He also admitted to bugging Dave smith instruments to incorporate mt. And of course Sequentix. Polyend’s perc too seems to be designed off of his comment about having a portable solenoid beater set and he’s on their webpage endorsing it.

Gear concepts for cash

preenfm 2 might also be on that list but can't remember

Sick, I already own one and love it to bits. So this is like a firmware update?

seems to be the case.

there was a firmware update in nov but this seems to be suggesting another one down the line. 

• 1 month later...

already got the peak. here's the first thing i did on the peak, just a simple midi loop pattern going around in circles and twisting knobs on the peak https://soundcloud.com/bitroast/peak1

pretty much between the 3 osc + the effects (distortion/amp overdrive stuff, chorus, delay, reverb), + 1xADSR+2xmod ADSR, + 2 lfo and 2 effect lfos i think? .. and the mod matrix... it's very easy to use it as a standalone unit and get very full sounds out of it. i also noticed, in this recording for example^, it almost sounds like there's a compression or maybe it's just the overdrive on it. it definitely has a *sound* to it, because of how the sounds are mixed and output. i imagine you could less of the distorted brickwalled effect by toning all the volumes down pre-mixer. 

Archived