IGNORED

New track YOU GOT THE VIBE

peace 7

UPDATE Sunday September 1 - new track up You Got The Vibe.  It's a blues rave track or something like that. 

UPDATE Wednesday August 7th, 2019!  Been working on dem choonz---

waddup watmm!!!  HOPE YOU ALL HAVE BEEN CHILLIN!

Just uploaded the opening track, How It's Going Now.  Weird to think that this album is taking like 2.5 years, but it's been a ride well worth it.

Here's some of the album so far, a solid update- first 6 tracks up---  thank you for listening!  I hope you've all been well  ?  ALSO if anyone can recommend any labels this might fit on, please let me know.  Just in case Mike P doesn't hit me up!!!  p.s. Yo Mike P hit me up:

---

UPDATE!  I love you all

- track

Original post:

Yo mangz. Long time- I hope everyone’s been chillin’ and doing cool shit.

Yah so I’ve been working on an album for almost 2 years, and sometimes when it’s good to let it rest, me and my girlfriend jam. So this is an EP of some of those jamz.

This is about as direct and straight up as my music could ever get, because every song on this EP was recorded in one take in real-time with no edits (except the 2nd half of the last track, which was recorded in one take but it’s sequenced like a song). Yah, so it’s pretty raw, but what I realized about improv is a huge part of it is the adventure of feeling things out and finding a vibe to surf- so it doesn’t make sense to hide the documentation of the sonic adventure. Me & me gyal oscillate around vibez, and then our oscillations both hit some resonant frequency and then boom, and so on.

These improvs are straight up, so they include all the “finding theme” adventures that we often hide in recorded music. Whole thing is vibe surfing and stream of consciousness type improv.

Anyway, this is the most direct and sincere music I’ve ever been a part of, and I’m really happy to share something 100% complete (though I realized yesterday that track 1 clips a bit, so will prolly check levels sometime)— cuz I’ve posted a lot of tracks from unfinished albums before.

Anyway, if any of you actually somehow have 40 minutes to spare from beginning to end, please let me know, because I am kind of wondering how this plays out for other people. Of course- all listens much appreciated!

Much love~~~

(Yah, so of course I sent this to Mike P, and I hope my e-mail reaches him in good spirits.)

Hey peace !

I've been listening to the whole thing, Night Owls is my favourite track from the batch. Minimal Funk / Massiver Attack has a great flow, the ending of that track is really good, I love the way you two used your voices.

Overall it really has a late-night, cinematic feel. I don't know, it felt as if I was stuck in a video-club on a hot summer night, but in a good way !

welcome back peace, you've been missed

Thank you!- I've missed this place!  Your avatar is as pretty as ever.  I see you've been using face cream- your birdface skin looks lovely.

wb

I'm much more likely to listen to something album length if you throw it on bandcamp, jus sayin

Thank you, good to see you and everyone, mang.  Well- this EP is 40 minutes, so it's not short.  It's 3 tracks, that could be considered 5 songs.  Track 2 is 2 parts, and track 3 is 2 parts-- both 2nd parts were recorded right after the 1st parts (so the 2nd parts are inescapably inspired by the 1st parts).  These were all done in 1 take with no prep or editing or whatever- me & me gyal just sat and felt the IDM lazer flow and we just experienced what it is to live through music directly.  I suppose this is some kind of vibe lead-in to the album I've been working on for almost 2 years, since this EP was recorded during breaks from making the album.

What's special to me about this EP, is that it documents the creative process directly.  I've been "serious about making music" since I was 15, and that was 20+ years ago.  So lemme say that if Zeus came down and requested that I show him my DAW and IDM skills, I could open up Logic, setup mic, guitars, keyboard, and I could confidently and sincerely rock it for Zeus, with no limitation-- his opinion would be his opinion, but the point is that I wouldn't be afraid.  I've spent so much of my music-making life getting good at crafting concepts, but what one can never directly experience from listening to any of my music, is the path that got me there.  -Not just years of practice or whatever- I mean, what is going on in my consciousness to get me there.

So Track 3 of this EP relates to the above- and a lead-in to the album- because it is 2 separate songs, but they are both based on the exact drum loop.  We played the drum loop, my girlfriend played bass on keyboard with this wicked setting she made that rattles the soul, I checked my guitar to make sure audio was recording, then me gyal was feeling out the drum loop to see what vibed, then I joined and played off of what she was feeling, and then we oscillate around for a bit, and then our oscillations resonate at some super vibe point at times, and it explodes hard, then journey continues.  Because of this quality, I feel this EP plays much like a musical or film- with scenes, and basically a literal documentation of 2 people finding harmony through music.  So anyway, the 2nd half of track 3 is the same loop, but the song is based on what I felt from doing the previous jam- from a few minutes before- and then boom, record the whole thing, and done.  So the last track documents my idea process, which I can't do otherwise.  So the 2nd part is much like a song, and a lot of people can relate to that.  But I wanted to document how that conclusion was arrived at.  Especially with the improvs with no click, you can hear the true rhythms of our cosmic consciousness collaboration, and how we try to find eachother from nothing but eachother.  I felt initially that might be mistakes in the improv, but then I realized that it's perfect.  To change it would be like Photoshop'ing pictures of your childhood.  Every single bit of audio there, is me & me gyal, chilling, and feeling music-- nothing more, nothing less.  I can do anything in Logic-- but I can only do this EP in realtime.

So yah man- I'm totally gonna put my album on Soundcloud when it's done- or whatever format- and then of course I will also send it to Mike P for Planet Mu release consideration.  And yes, the album is fucking good- I'm really fucking serious- it is excellent.  But this EP is the realtime documentation of our playing when we're not DAW widardry'ing; not hiding behind edits, not hiding behind unlimited takes, not hiding behind MONTHS of working on ONE track-- these are all recorded in realtime, and it is THE MOST DIRECT I can ever get with music.

The thing is, this EP was only considered finished March 9th (hence "39 EP", and it's also a Japanese pun like, "san-kyuu (thank you)").  The tracks were recorded a couple/few+ weeks ago.  I initially felt that these tracks had potential for songs, but then I realized that they are done.  Anything that could be considered "mistakes", are merely steps on the path towards when we find the theme and rock it- then continue.  This EP is done.  And I know it sounds fucking retarded, but I swear- this is the first "complete" thing, that I've ever actually completed with music.  I've written fucking hundreds of tracks- and albums/EPs that were aaalmost done- but the only time I've ever felt "this is a compilation of music that stands on its own, and it's 100% done; nothing more to add", is this.  So in some sort of sign, I feel I am where I need to be.

Hey peace !

I've been listening to the whole thing, Night Owls is my favourite track from the batch. Minimal Funk / Massiver Attack has a great flow, the ending of that track is really good, I love the way you two used your voices.

Overall it really has a late-night, cinematic feel. I don't know, it felt as if I was stuck in a video-club on a hot summer night, but in a good way !

Hello, StocKo!  Thank you for listening!  Your text is the first review I have read, and it's nice- thank you.  Ahaha!  Yah- me & me gyal also feel it as something that could be described late-night cinematic type vibez~ Thank you so much for your review-- it's really interesting to hear what you felt about it!

Hello! Will take a listen for sure

Yooo~, waddup---  Hope all's been dandy!

Cool, thank you~~~  :-)

Just wanna say to anyone who listens to this:

We're right there with you, as much as we could make it.  If you join us- let go- blaze if need be- and let's go on a little journey together.  We can't promise you how you'll feel about it, but we can promise you that we'll be there.

Hey Peace, welcome back. Listened and enjoyed! Definitely has a late night, Lynchian cinema vibe, which is awesome in my books. Nice work.

Hey Peace, welcome back. Listened and enjoyed! Definitely has a late night, Lynchian cinema vibe, which is awesome in my books. Nice work.

Hey- thank you, nice to see you! Thank you so much for listening and your mini review! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone knows any good modern labels who understand this shit, lemme know. I've been deep in the IDM Underground for over 20 years, and next thing I know, every label has vanished. This is the biggest peak of electronic music in the past 20 years-- WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE LABELS?!!! What is this- Max Mad IDM?

WOOO YESSS Thank you!

Check this, we just started and finished this today, we are idm lazer blazin' MUCH LOVE!!!

The last track of our album, track 23:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 2:25 AM, saltykraut said:

hello peace,sounding good man,  most likely will be in yokohama next year.  maybe I can stop by and pick up a copy at that time.

FUCK YEAH!!!  Hit me up, yo.

New track out-- YOU GOT THE VIBE:

This is like some blues thing that becomes rave.  It's pretty epic.  I feel like my life is sometimes like that Might Boosh episode about trying to find the new sound.

Keep it fresh people~

Madness! Really good. It's lofi but cohesive, everything from the guitar tones to the stereo placement of rhythm bits are on point. Trying to catch all the genres & styles being played around with is a fun challenge. Like, on track two there's 80's hip hop beats turned industrial EBM, interspersed with early 20th century cartoon stings, arrythmic group vocal harmonies and goa psychedelia melting into a pot of acid.... and then a glitch-screwed reggae vocal toasting about IDM comes on. Love it!!! The higher autotune vocals are a bit off-putting sometimes. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2019 at 9:13 PM, chim said:

Madness! Really good. It's lofi but cohesive, everything from the guitar tones to the stereo placement of rhythm bits are on point. Trying to catch all the genres & styles being played around with is a fun challenge. Like, on track two there's 80's hip hop beats turned industrial EBM, interspersed with early 20th century cartoon stings, arrythmic group vocal harmonies and goa psychedelia melting into a pot of acid.... and then a glitch-screwed reggae vocal toasting about IDM comes on. Love it!!! The higher autotune vocals are a bit off-putting sometimes. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your feedback!  Sorry it took so long to get back.  I am literally IDM Rocking the streets of Tokyo, and I report back here from time to time like some IDM Black Ops shit.  Naw but really- your feedback feels good man- like someone out there understands this shit. 

Hahaha about the higher vocals...  really appreciate the honesty--- your nice words also are very nice.  Haha.  Shit...  Okay- so all I need to do is reach Mike P's inbox.  I've recently chiselled down the album from 27 tracks and 2 hours or someshit, to 12~13 tracks and just over an hour. 

I recently found this dude's track on reddit, and the autotune vocals were bad, so I asked him if I could remix it and he sent all stems/multitracks/whatever by surprise, and I got to redo it from scratch and produce it like Timbaland.  All my IDM knowledge turned out to be legit, so now I'm basically waiting for Britney Spears to return my text.

Here is the original I heard:

Here iz me redux:

I am literally sending this to Mike P after this post, because one cannot limit opportunities.  Much love WATMM-- back in the IDM trenches, lodda ave maaacy~!

Archived