• Created
  • Last Reply

New album in may

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/43422

First track sounds like IDM for simpletons/normies /basic

AI concept is a total wankfest

Video is cringy as hell

Pls explain the hype cause I don’t get it

You’re not alone. I’ve noticed this a lot lately with younger artists - pretentious nonsense used to cover up absolutely abysmal music.

I’ve noticed this a lot lately with younger artists -

She's 38 or 39.

That's still young, IMO. And at 38, she should know better. 

I’ve noticed this a lot lately with younger artists - 

She's 38 or 39.

That's still young, IMO. And at 38, she should know better. 

dude is she young or not

looking forward to this 'cause platform was awesome and i liked the ai track she did with jlin

New album in may

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/43422

First track sounds like IDM for simpletons/normies /basic

AI concept is a total wankfest

Video is cringy as hell

Pls explain the hype cause I don’t get it

she did a photography book on the British free party scene, with a heavy bias on keta-techno & the early 00's (Battle of the Beanfield or Castlemorton anyone?), a while back, that's the only reason i know the name

think the book was an exhibition too (possibly vice-versa), so she seems to have branched out

she must be mid/late 30's by now, so certainly no novice age-wise, but photography & music are entirely different beasts

Musically the video in that link (Eternal) weren't too bad, kinda Elizabeth Fraser-y, a bit Woob-y combined with late 90s Art Of Noise pomp

This nonsense can do one mind

"There's a pervasive narrative of technology as dehumanizing. We stand in contrast to that," Herndon says. "Choosing to work with an ensemble of humans is part of our protocol. I don't want to live in a world in which humans are automated off stage. I want an AI to be raised to appreciate and interact with that beauty."

Seems bit odd to start a new release thread just to diss it but whatevs;)

Personally am very much looking forward to this and enjoyed the new track.. holly's a boss

Seems bit odd to start a new release thread just to diss it but whatevs;)

Personally am very much looking forward to this and enjoyed the new track.. holly's a boss

That’s just bog standard WATMM at this point. The new track fucks and is right in line with what she was doing on Platform, I’m all about this.

lol usually I don’t give a fuck about shitty music TBH but when something so weak and unoriginal is so over hyped, I just can’t resist, everybody describe it as next level IDM fuckery but all I’m hearing is art school ready poppy shit, in 2018 it was Sophie, in 2019 it’s Holly.

edit : also, lol at the Jlin featuring, pitchfork editor wet dream right here.

good track, love the 80s stabs and the vocal at the start and end, the main vocal is a bit too poppy in a bad way though, but it's not so bad I guess.

liked it more on the 2nd listen.

Archived