IGNORED

Soundcloud dump copyrights

Lachesi

Oh, interesting! I didn't know that. 

How is the track marked so one knows it's CC?

honestly i don't member, it's been a while since i uploaded something...

2cptdms.png

Another thing about the SC dump is that the tracks were all published under Chrysalis before being uploaded - one of many reasons it was such an exceptional thing to happen. Releasing hundreds of songs for free is not a legally straightforward thing to do.

BBC Radio 1 showed us in February 2015 that it is possible to get one of AFX's soundcloud tracks played on air, whatever the procedure may be. 5 lush ambulance and (taut) appeared on the Flying Lotus residency with this Jerry Jackson cartoon:

When you upload anything to SoundCloud, you are asked to designate the track as All Rights Reserved or Creative Commons, which has a few different licenses.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/

At any rate, don't use the work of others without permission.

I agree with what have been said.

So the only reason why who decides to use those tracks anyway in his podcast probably would have no problems is that no author will ever say anything.

And btw, why should posting musical podcasts such as mixcloud should be legal?

right? I also wonder about this... Why is a dj set or a mixtape legal when u can't even tell if what you're listening to is in fact pirated music or if it's being played from an original record... furthermore why can djs make the amount of money they do playing other people's music?

right? I also wonder about this... Why is a dj set or a mixtape legal. Furthermore it is impossible to know if you're playing pirated music or if u own the originals... Further furthermore why can djs make the amount of money they do playing other people's music?

lol, yeah. I haven't sold any of my music yet, but I get messages asking permission to play the tracks out at their paid gigs. So other people have technically profited more than I have from my music.

lol, yeah. I haven't sold any of my music yet, but I get messages asking permission to play the tracks out at their paid gigs. So other people have technically profited more than I have from my music.

DJs should declare all tracks played during the set, club owners should send the document to national author societies and creators of the tracks would receive in this way an amount of money

DJs should declare all tracks played during the set, club owners should send the document to national author societies and creators of the tracks would receive in this way an amount of money

Taht's how it works here in Belgium indeed. There is this oranisation, called Sabam,who does just that. Controls each party or venue where music is being played for a public and demands a list of the tracks played. Also I think the oraniser of the event must pay a certain amount for the rights to play the music. 

Of course the DJ does not pay anything, so still makes a load of oney compared to the artist who made the track.

I recently consulted an expert on copyrights and he said that even most of the mixes of mixcloud are not legal! 

That's why the site always mentions "radio programs"...because you can upload on mixcloud only shows that originally had permissions! A mixtape of music is a derivate product as a podcast is

So the law says that you have to get the permission if you want to use someone else tracks in your uploads (as radio shows have)

Archived