IGNORED

NZ Mosque Shooting Footage

hello spiral

it appears that the individual was posting on 8chan actually, not that it really matters

edit: nwae this is such a delicate situation in the world rn, a few more wrong steps and full out racial conflics will be upon us again

doesn't seem delicate at all. seems obvious to me. stop giving platforms and guns to radical, far-right ideologues. deleting their accounts on the internet isn't limiting free speech, and you're stupid if you believe this. We had no problem "waging a war on terror" for the last 20 years, we just weren't killing the right people.

maybe the solution is obvious, but will said far-right ideologues and their followers merrily go along with this suggestion?

edit: I mean delicate in the sense that I do not see a way out of this where things do not go much worse before they get better, perhaps that's just how it is

i don't care if they're not happy about it. as we've seen, when rightwingers are deplatformed their lives usually fall apart and the world is better off (see milo and alex jones)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it appears that the individual was posting on 8chan actually, not that it really matters

edit: nwae this is such a delicate situation in the world rn, a few more wrong steps and full out racial conflics will be upon us again

doesn't seem delicate at all. seems obvious to me. stop giving platforms and guns to radical, far-right ideologues. deleting their accounts on the internet isn't limiting free speech, and you're stupid if you believe this. We had no problem "waging a war on terror" for the last 20 years, we just weren't killing the right people.

Hell the DoD is not even trying to pretend we're waging the war on terror anymore, Afghanistan is just a perpetual live-fire training and weapons evaluation outpost for the US at this point - Taliban are back and the government there is more corrupt than ever. We have minimal forces there but the logistical support for that deployment and spec forces in Iraq/Syria is still colossal. 

If you want to kill muslims there are plenty of legal opportunities. Join the army. Join an anti isis militia. Join blackwater. Picking on people for praying to God is cowardly. It’s a sick world out there. Straight to paradise for the victims.

maybe the solution is obvious, but will said far-right ideologues and their followers merrily go along with this suggestion?

edit: I mean delicate in the sense that I do not see a way out of this where things do not go much worse before they get better, perhaps that's just how it is

i don't care if they're not happy about it. as we've seen, when rightwingers are deplatformed their lives usually fall apart and the world is better off (see milo and alex jones)

what if they (or their fans) become so unhappy about it that they decide to go shoot up more muslims?

I understand your point, but it only holds water if the net un-radicalization generated by deplataforming has a larger effect than the radicalization generated by it... maybe this is the case 

apparently he played a bunch of meme music and shit whilst doing it, complete husk

I do think this is going to represent a major turning point (depressing that all the other place of worship shootings weren't it but there we are). I just don't know where that turning point is going to go, certainly wouldn't be surprised if we have some copycats in the next few days

Speaking of Donnie, he's as tone deaf as ever:

Sounds like a greetings card

Also: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/03/zealand-mosques-attack-suspect-praised-trump-manifesto-190315100143150.html

Surprised he didn't end it with "Seasons Greetings" or some other heartless nonsense. It's like c'mon donnie, we all know you could give 2 shits about this. I guarantee at some point once the talking heads start to focus more on him and the manifesto, he'll try to blame the Dems or Obama or anyone else but himself for being part of the problem here.

you also have an apparently elected australian senator saying this shit

D1rWsCPUYAExYHA.jpg

It should be noted that the Senator's remarks have been labeled "disgusting" even by the soon-to-be ex-prime minister of Australia, Scott Morrison (who was responsible for implementing Australia's human-rights violating anti-asylum program "Operation Sovereign Borders"). He is only in his position in the senate because of Australia's preferential voting system.

Part of it can be explained by the fact that the Senator is from Queensland, which a place of torrid racism and in-bred families, scummy even by Australian standards.

Obviously not a serious comment

But mostly it's just he's a racist piece-of-shit.

Serious comment, that is

i bet donnie didn't even write that tweet. tone deaf as it is it's even too sympathetic for his psychopathic self. 

i caught the news of the shooting last night before bed and thought a minute about searching out the live stream but then said no way.  don't need to see that shit. 

that guy is fucked. they should drop him out in the middle of the ocean and live stream his drowning or being eaten by a shark or something. seriously.. fucking drop him off on that bay where the great whites break the surface catching seals. dress him up like a big fat seal. bloody the water with him. he doesn't deserve to ever utter another word to a reporter or visitor in prison. if anything they could put him in solitary for life and only allow him to be studied by the brain researches or whatever. 

no articles, no books about him or anything.. just put his life in a void. 

This kind of response is inevitable in the late stage capitalist world we are in. We're nearing the end, boys.

Just to dust off my tinfoil hat for a bit - the timing of this shooting is very coincidental. 

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/rocket-alerts-blare-in-tel-aviv-1.7022326

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/newzealand/8649223/Mossad-spy-ring-unearthed-because-of-Christchurch-earthquake.html

I’ve decided to not watch this.

I used to think that if they released photos of the bloody aftermath of a school shooting, that it would shock people and prevent them from distancing themselves from how gruesome it is. But now this guy apparently films his own first person shooter and I don’t see it changing much.

I'm no sociological expert, but just blaming this on pewdiepie, edgy memes and 4chan seems shallow. Those are just symptoms of a larger issue I can't see cause I'm not that smot. But calling for pewdiepie's head is rather stupid and a complete misplacement of your anger/energy

that guy is fucked. they should drop him out in the middle of the ocean and live stream his drowning or being eaten by a shark or something. seriously.. fucking drop him off on that bay where the great whites break the surface catching seals. dress him up like a big fat seal. bloody the water with him. he doesn't deserve to ever utter another word to a reporter or visitor in prison. if anything they could put him in solitary for life and only allow him to be studied by the brain researches or whatever. 

no articles, no books about him or anything.. just put his life in a void. 

What they need to do is hand him over to ISIS or some other radical Islamic group and let them have their way with him. I'm sure they have all sorts of sadistic ways of torturing him into something unrecognizable. 

They'd probably just get him to join.  Sadistic misanthropes don't care what group they're targeting, just long as they have a target to channel their violent urges.  No way ISIS would waste a recruit like that.

A decade from now, all this stuff will be a thing of the past. Artificial Intelligence will moderate the entire internet. I follow developments in this field and have seen some truly mind blowing things in the pipeline, especially with Tensor Flow and ML.

Human moderators sitting in a facility in Germany sifting through thousands of videos an hour for Facebook will just not exist.

i dunno why anyone is surprised by this stuff at this point. if you read his manifesto it's your standard white nationalist stuff mixed with the crusades and shit. not particularly different from the logic of al-qaeda or ISIS. it's hardly aberrant behavior when you consider how widespread these ideas really are. honestly at this point the difference between his ideas and what conservatives espouse is more or less a matter of wording.

I'm personally ashamed that an Australian did this to our close Kiwi neighbours. Things like this just seldom happen in our countries. The 1990 smalltown massacre in New Zealand (later made into the film Out of the Blue, which to me is the finest Kiwi film thus far this millennium) and the 1996 Port Arthur Massacre in Australia (one of the first news events which I strongly recall) have really been as bad as it gets in recent decades for us. All white men. This present perpetrator is worse to me, as it isn't just some local eccentric snapping and going on an indiscriminate gun rampage, it is premeditated for years by someone seemingly radicalised online and feeding that through his actions, by attacking a specific target.

I bet these guys jacked off to every thuleanperspective and theGoldenone video while screaming 'stop watching poornn!!'

This guy was a Brevik supporting, "Deus Vult" LARPing, crypto-Zionist LOSER. I doubt that pagan content creators were his cup of tea. 

I bet these guys jacked off to every thuleanperspective and theGoldenone video while screaming 'stop watching poornn!!'

This guy was a Brevik supporting, "Deus Vult" LARPing, crypto-Zionist LOSER. I doubt that pagan content creators were his cup of tea.
If you gave a gun to half of the audience of those pagan content creators they'd be shooting the whole place up while screaming 'stop watching poorrn!'

If you gave a gun to half of the audience of those pagan content creators they'd be shooting the whole place up while screaming 'stop watching poorrn!'

Day 1 of NoFap: Varg-Vikernes-July-2013.jpg

Day 90+ of NoFap: Cxi4mS8XcAAzNSR.jpg

Im also ashamed it was an Australian who committed this atrocity; I love New Zealand, it's people and the city of Christchurch 

I read that he initially planned to do the shooting at a Mosque in Australia but decided on NZ as thats where he was 'training'

Im also ashamed it was an Australian who committed this atrocity; I love New Zealand, it's people and the city of Christchurch 

I read that he initially planned to do the shooting at a Mosque in Australia but decided on NZ as thats where he was 'training'

Not only that - but also because "NZ is one of the most peaceful countries in the world"

Archived