IGNORED

NZ Mosque Shooting Footage

hello spiral

watchpeopledie got banned yesterday actually

well hot damn

I have to agree that it's a bit premature / opportunistic of reddit to ban them now - I'm sure it got brigaded hard and the bad was technically warranted (good riddance even) but as many are pointing out they keep r/The_Donald around and that is littered with perpetual glorification of violence and a constant feed of users threatening and harassing others and bots keeping lies and misinformation upvoted

they apparently removed /r/imGoingToHellForThis too - now that's a proper start - that went from a dark humor sub to a cesspool of the same shit the shooter was inspired by

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watchpeopledie got banned yesterday actually

well hot damn

I have to agree that it's a bit premature / opportunistic of reddit to ban them now - I'm sure it got brigaded hard and the bad was technically warranted (good riddance even) but as many are pointing out they keep r/The_Donald around and that is littered with perpetual glorification of violence and a constant feed of users threatening and harassing others and bots keeping lies and misinformation upvoted

they apparently removed /r/imGoingToHellForThis too - now that's a proper start - that went from a dark humor sub to a cesspool of the same shit the shooter was inspired by

the only reason it got banned is cause it got media attention again. It got quarantined after the scandinavian girls got murdered, and it's getting banned now. Reddit doesnt give a shit what's going on in any subreddit til the media catches wind of it

I don’t understand why anyone would want to watch videos of people dying/being killed. It’s beyond me.

And there's plenty of people who don't understand why people watch Game of Thrones. It's completely beyond them.

Tangentially, there's plenty people who'd stay and watch at the place of an accident. Is that beyond you as well? Would surprise me, tbh, as it seems like a pretty f-ing basic part of human nature, if you ask me. 

I don’t understand why anyone would want to watch videos of people dying/being killed. It’s beyond me.

And there's plenty of people who don't understand why people watch Game of Thrones. It's completely beyond them.

Tangentially, there's plenty people who'd stay and watch at the place of an accident. Is that beyond you as well? Would surprise me, tbh, as it seems like a pretty f-ing basic part of human nature, if you ask me. 

True. Just my opinion. Can't say it's in my nature to watch stuff like that though. 

Fair. I just meant people in general tend to do that stuff btw. Even if watching that evil shit on the internet is a bit of a different thing. I mean, I can see where you're coming from there. So I was mostly surprised about the "it's beyond me" as it's really not a rare thing if you take the "watching accidents" into account.

i understand the 'morbid curiosity' desire to watch it, but experience on my part tells me that it normally results in a 'wish i didn't watch that' feeling. spend enough time on internet and eventually it becomes nature to not bother. *** IMO *** For me personally *** In my experience

Fair. I just meant people in general tend to do that stuff btw. Even if watching that evil shit on the internet is a bit of a different thing. I mean, I can see where you're coming from there. So I was mostly surprised about the "it's beyond me" as it's really not a rare thing if you take the "watching accidents" into account.

Yeah, I agree. Maybe the "It's beyond me" was hyperbole on my account. I've known people who would actively seek out those vids of people being beheaded, horrendous car accidents, rotten dot com etc. Just never got how they could watch that stuff. I saw about the first 2 seconds of a vid of someone getting their head cut off and had to turn away. Those couple of seconds are still scarred in my brain 10+ years later. Still makes me feel bad when I think about it. It's not beyond me. I just don't have that much of a morbid fascination I guess.

It's 4chan. What do you expect? It's always been a cancerous cesspool.  

Ok ... so it's supposed we have to accept the fact that there's an easily accessible, public place where people can go around saying these kinds of things?

You know we force pedophiles to go underground and things like Silk Road are out of view on the dark internet, right?

So why is this out in the open?

I assumed 4chan was common knowledge around here. Guess not. I was surprised about the "Jesus Christ", but if you're new to 4chan I can understand where you're coming from.

Ok ... so it's supposed we have to accept the fact that there's an easily accessible, public place where people can go around saying these kinds of things?

You know we force pedophiles to go underground and things like Silk Road are out of view on the dark internet, right?

What they do is illegal, they're forced to go underground. This isn't illegal - It's just in bad taste. The more shocked you are by it, the more fuel you're giving them to burn. 

You know, I think most people have their standard 'online browsing' routine. I like to see what's new on watmm, check up on news on a few sports/football forums and check out my youtube subs. Surely, browsing somewhere like 4chan on a daily basis warps your mind a little bit? It's a site I've known about since I was an early teen and I visited it out of curiosity back then and felt dirty for even clicking through it. So I can totally understand that these kind of guys are born out of sites like this because it's truly depraving.

I saw the video and it's heinous. It's literally like watching an fps game. Awful, awful stuff and it really paints a bleak picture for the future and the generations after us.

What they do is illegal, they're forced to go underground. This isn't illegal - It's just in bad taste. The more shocked you are by it, the more fuel you're giving them to burn. 

Point taken about Silk Road, but technically talking about pedophilia is not illegal either and yet that only happens underground. If you did it in public people would beat the living sh*t out of you.

This 4chan garbage you wouldn't say out in the open either, but on a publicly accessible forum on the publicly accessible internet it's apparently ok.

Twitter, Youtube and Apple took away the public forum of Alex Jones. I don't know, but maybe 4chan shouldn't be enabling this kind of talk either.

And if 4chan doesn't care, maybe its host shouldn't enable them to run their website.

This 4chan garbage you wouldn't say out in the open either

that's where you're wrong

Im also ashamed it was an Australian who committed this atrocity; I love New Zealand, it's people and the city of Christchurch 

I read that he initially planned to do the shooting at a Mosque in Australia but decided on NZ as thats where he was 'training'

Don't be ashamed. It wasn't an Australian. It was a piece of shit the world can do without.

You know, I think most people have their standard 'online browsing' routine. I like to see what's new on watmm, check up on news on a few sports/football forums and check out my youtube subs. Surely, browsing somewhere like 4chan on a daily basis warps your mind a little bit? It's a site I've known about since I was an early teen and I visited it out of curiosity back then and felt dirty for even clicking through it. So I can totally understand that these kind of guys are born out of sites like this because it's truly depraving.

I saw the video and it's heinous. It's literally like watching an fps game. Awful, awful stuff and it really paints a bleak picture for the future and the generations after us.

Yeah, got to remember it's been around for about 15 years now. It was a little more wholesome in the early days but 06 or so started becoming more edgy. If the shooter started browsing around then that's 13 years of this since he was 15 years old.

I used to browse it religiously and I'm so glad I stopped (though it was the /pol/ shit leaking into everything that put me off).

Archived