IGNORED

Post-Rock thread

amad

Earlier Mogwai and Godspeed are absolute post-rock essentials, here's some other reccs

Post-Rock: This Will Destroy You, Toe, Mono, World's End Girlfriend, Talkdemonic, Miasma & The Carousel of Headless Horses, Samuel Jackson Five, Zombie Western

Math Rock: Don Caballero, Battles, Dysrhythmia, Tera Melos, Ruins, 

On 3/17/2019 at 9:38 PM, rhmilo said:

Always loved Fridge (Four Tet's old band):

big thanks for this one. i've really enjoyed the album

On 5/5/2019 at 1:15 AM, ghOsty said:

Mono, World's End Girlfriend

I was obsessed with Mono in the mid-00s - Walking Cloud and Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered and the Sun Shine is a classic. Saw them live with World's End Girlfriend. He put on this amazing set that had a lot of glitchy percussion and bursts of distorted walls of sound. Never quite found a studio track with the same vibe.

I saw Mono play their first ever London show. Basement of a pub in Farringdon, Was something like 20-30 max capacity. Under the Pipal Tree is the one imo, nothing else they did came close.

On 3/19/2019 at 5:01 PM, joshuatxuk said:

this is one of his best primers / guides

here's the spotify link

I love old classics like Mogwai, Slint, GSYBE, early Mono and Sigur Ros, etc. but lately I've been more into the murkier proto-post-rock / early post-rock that bleeds over to dream pop, 'math' rock, shoegaze, drone etc.

Stuff like Seefeel, Duster, Bowery Electric, Tarentel, earlier Earth, early "blackgaze" / droney black metal via Angelic Process or Boris' song "Farewell"

I like watching videos from this guy. Especially his takedown of Disintegration Loops. But for all his expertise, he seemed to always back the wrong bands. 

Archived