IGNORED

FUSE Dimension Intrusion Deluxe Reissue

hayhook

I guess this explains why Dimension Intrusion recently disappeared from Spotify... Too bad, hope it'll end up on streaming services again. Weird move for a 25 years old album imo

i love richie, and his don't care, fuck the trolls attitude. is he a bellend? no. he's a genuine guy who tries stuff. most of it is shit. that's ok. does he have some really excellent amazing stuff? yes. more than most artists. as far as i'm concerned his past work still gives him a pass. he always looks like he's having fun, which i think is really important. richie is a v complex figure in the history of electronic music i think. 

i love richie, and his don't care, fuck the trolls attitude. is he a bellend? no. he's a genuine guy who tries stuff. most of it is shit. that's ok. does he have some really excellent amazing stuff? yes. more than most artists. as far as i'm concerned his past work still gives him a pass. he always looks like he's having fun, which i think is really important. richie is a v complex figure in the history of electronic music i think. 

Yes, quite. But is he £300—box—set—with—potentially—questionable—pressing—quality complex? Inquiring minds want to know…

well kinda because he's like the first techno artist that had a super amazing visual aesthetic, and used that to leverage into loads of fans, at the cost of alienating himself from the majority black techno set in detroit. marketing and image have ALWAYS been a part of richie's career, often even more important than the music. 

but yes this is crazy overpriced and vinyl factory sux dix

i really doubt the "super amazing visual aesthetic" played a huge role - if nay - in richie h. being alienated from the "black techno set". that's more a case of "what would reversed racism look like?" (yes, I'm going there...) if richie h. was a black dude from detroit, instead of a skinny white guy from across the border, the world would have looked a bit different.

or is "visual aesthetic" code for skin color nowadays?

I regretted the $13 I spent on this in 1996. Gave it another go just to check out this 27x appreciation in price and it was 27x more bland than I remembered. "Train-Tracs" EP still slaps though.

427 left now. The demand for this is super-high. Top-division fan-fleecing cuntery by The Vinyl Factory of the most abhorrent and despicable order. Fuck them. I hope they never sell out. I don't understand why Hawtin would go to these shit-heads after that amazing box set he released previously, that was easily worth the money.

Sad state of capitalism.

Archived