IGNORED

Do you know any watmms in real life?

hayhook

I’m friends with SPD(squared) who I met here and at reloadonline we’ve hung out a couple of times on a couple of continents. Anyone else know each other ACTUALLY? PS. ANYONE HERE IN STOCKHOLM?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met a bunch of watmms at the ae Boston show a few years ago, usagi, candi.ru, yellow, Lopez, jellyrajah, et al.  Good peeps from what lil I recall.  RSP is a cool dude and still choonin in the Providence area I think.  Beyond that yer all bots until proven otherwise

Shout out too Verdant Hickies, Phoenix, Hello Spiral, triachus, rix, Brian Dance, caze, andihow, Dan C, Blank, Boddhidharma, Fenix, Berk, think I met Phudoshin too like 10 years ago, the Penryn crew and thanks robert moses at the colundi gig, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone right now... 

watmmers/chatmmers are like pokemon, gotta chatchem all

I've met andihow, triachus, herrjan, chengod, mcbpete, futurimage, mdmchaos, blank, fenix, rixx, derwaschbar, anthro, fenix, caze, Dan C, boddhidharma..... and others I'm sure I'm forgetting

Bonus shout out to Rubin Farr who I could've met but stuck me up, twice, because he was too stoned to leave the hotel.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

I need the name of that cannabis strain Please, Rubin:)

3 months ago

My Best Friend and I attended our most Awesome/Favorite Rave

that we can remember :)

I helped one fellow watmmer up the hill to get his poncho to stay dry from the rain before rdj went on. I was in a state myself but he was in another world which I was quickly arriving at :) "It's up there, top of the hill. 5 euro." "You got to help me get one." "All right come on" We talked up the hill, exchanged watmm handles which I can't quite remember, laughed and somehow arrived at the back of the poncho tent from my lead?! A brisk walk up the hill will definitely bring out your crystal roll and I by now had arrived in that world. We had to walk around to the front and he dug for the fiver. He put on his poncho backwards, I turned it the right way and he stuck his head up through the opening like a happy growling monster. Haha!

Aphex began and the crowd was awesome the sound was perfect and the energy flowed and healed a lot of people!!! The was the best show I've ever experienced :) Thank You RDJ!!!

Who was the watmmer I met at Forbidden Fruit 2017 Dublin, Ireland?

Was it You?

:)

3 months ago

My Best Friend and I attended our most Awesome/Favorite Rave

that we can remember :)

I helped one fellow watmmer up the hill to get his poncho to stay dry from the rain before rdj went on. I was in a state myself but he was in another world which I was quickly arriving at :) "It's up there, top of the hill. 5 euro." "You got to help me get one." "All right come on" We talked up the hill, exchanged watmm handles which I can't quite remember, laughed and somehow arrived at the back of the poncho tent from my lead?! A brisk walk up the hill will definitely bring out your crystal roll and I by now had arrived in that world. We had to walk around to the front and he dug for the fiver. He put on his poncho backwards, I turned it the right way and he stuck his head up through the opening like a happy growling monster. Haha!

Aphex began and the crowd was awesome the sound was perfect and the energy flowed and healed a lot of people!!! The was the best show I've ever experienced :) Thank You RDJ!!!

Who was the watmmer I met at Forbidden Fruit 2017 Dublin, Ireland?

Was it You?

:)

Yes. I am more than ready to believe you were standing in front of a mirror the whole time. Or a 'parallel dimension portal' as you probably called it.

I met the Owl of Minerva once (the actual owl, not the watmm user). It was a real hoot!

lies!

no really, I actually met her. It was at a hootenanny. I was sipping on some moonshine when she perched and gave me the eye. I confidently replied, 'hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot!' Her eyes were still fixed but now enamored. 

It was then I knew my lonely days were over.

I've met a couple, all very friendly folks. But they were Americans, dunno if I'd ever want to meet any of you Euro-loons. 

And of course I'd avoid the Aussies like the plague.

:duckhunt:

I don't think so! The closest watmm member I almost met was Cryptowen since we kind of lived close to one another, but that hasn't happened yet.

I've met very view people from the electronic scene I've chatted with in chat rooms and forums over the last 20 years. Maybe five or six people? A highlight was booking Libythth for a small music festival I was a part of and finally meeting him. He played an amazing set, where a lot of people didn't know what to make of his bizarro Beefheart-esque take on electronic music, but Sam Shalabi ran right up to him totally amazed and enamoured, asking a bunch of questions about his gear and approach.

I've met mostly oldskool/long gone wattmers..

bitroast/bitchroast (still meet up every now and then to either jam* or go to a gig or something)

stickfigger

betty

echo

aquagak

analogue wings

ravedamage

chengod

vik

od++ (actually a really good friend of mine in real life, I try to catch up with him whenever I visit my home city)

delet..

umm, I know I'm missing a few people, and there were a few from xltronic who I no longer remember the names of, everyone's cool though and I 100% welcome anyone to PM me if you're ever in Melbourne and want to grab a beer  :beer:

* once. we did this only once lol

Most of the watmmers i've met are gone.

SPD

DJ Mike Haggar / Pabs

Theocide

Brian Ellis (although he was really hi and out of it)

Dr. Science

Snafu

Octave Kitten

mik

someguy / guy 

Lion was around when I first met Theo but I didn't get to meet him.

I'm sure I'm missing a couple more.

I quite like my watmm alter ego, real life watmm pow-wow would honestly freak me out! Lol.

Truth be told because I don't know any of you I've perhaps revealed parts of my personality to you more than anyone else. Even my 4 best friends since I've known since childhood are oblivious to some personality traits I've exposed on here. That makes me feel slightly vulnerable. No doubt I'm thinking too much into it hahah.

I was a bit angry with myself I never met up with BCM at Aphex Field Day, because I was in a pretty excellent mood that day and I was solo and it would of been nice to say hello to a few of you. 

One day.....

Archived