IGNORED

Do you know any watmms in real life?

hayhook

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve met D4M0, real nice pal, and Jafs is a friend. I’ve known EOD, Impakt and Fah for +10 years (irc days heh) but never had a chance to meet.

Pretty sure I may have met some of you as well when I used to play gigs regularly across Europe but then I don’t know who (nicknames etc..).

i freaked out dr lopez by recognizing him at a jlin / hieroglyphic being show, that was kinda awkward rofl

lmao that was amazing actually. my civilian friend was so disturbed bahahaha

I need to meet some out here on the east coast! I guess Ottawa isn't really east coast...

I'm about a 12hr drive from Ottawa so not that close, but I've played Ottawa a few times and made some friends in the electronic scene there. There should be some occasional electronic show at House of Targ, Mercury Lounge and Pressed.

Techno/noise label Low Noise Productions is based there and label owner Jason has a small record shop in Chinatown called Possible Worlds worth checking out.

Andrew of CKCU radio show Lost in Bass is ultra friendly and organizes the shows at Mercury Lounge.

Met the Vancity AE Show crew at the pre-meetup: audioblysk, anna, bulk vanderhuge, chengod (met him couple of times), sweepstakes and ambermonk. Met Zephyr twice at Red Door: He played a really great show there but I had to chastise him for browsing watmm just before his set.

I wanted to meet yek but he's the shy type.

Sold a book to BCM once. Fairly sure I passed hello spiral in the doorway of a pub in Brixton when Autechre played. I saw one of the few women who post here, to my shame her name escapes me, at an art museum but didn’t say anything. I should be more friendly really.

that was me ball bag! i forgive you though as i can be a bit intimidating in person, perhaps because when i'm out i'm usually a bit drunk and loud.

i met a few people from here who i will not name in case i forget to mention one/some, you know who you are! *fingerbang*

I know there are a number of WATMMers who live in the same city I live in. It's weird to think that 3 or 4 people I see on here live potentially 0 to about 20 or 30 miles away. 

I've been to the same events with some of the people here, probably the Aphex, Autechre and Ceephax gigs in Helsinki at least and maybe some other festivals like Kuudes Aisti? But I have no idea what most of you like so I really have no idea who I might have seen. 

Anyway, I'm a lonely loner.

dig the Mobieus avatar - i'm a sucker for sci-fi and retro-futurism art of that era

Met the Vancity AE Show crew at the pre-meetup: audioblysk, anna, bulk vanderhuge, chengod (met him couple of times), sweepstakes and ambermonk. Met Zephyr twice at Red Door: He played a really great show there but I had to chastise him for browsing watmm just before his set.

There was a dude (not one of the crew) that complained after in the AE forum about some people screaming and shit during the show. lol

So he was there too.

There was a dude (not one of the crew) that complained after in the AE forum about some people screaming and shit during the show. lol

So he was there too.

I don't think I'll ever forget the cybergoth looking ravers or the step aerobics guy. Legendary.

So he was there too.

I don't think I'll ever forget the cybergoth looking ravers or the step aerobics guy. Legendary.

Or the perpendicular crowd drifter that looked like Beavis.

I think I'm the only guy here from switzerland ;(

It's an honor, to have on this forum, one quarter of the population of Switzerland.

I think I'm the only guy here from switzerland ;(

It's an honor, to have on this forum, one quarter of the population of Switzerland.

shit, a quarter and one hundred percent foreigner. did u just assume my social politics???

Circa 2005-2007 I used to care for tidbit. I would take him to local carboot sales and charity shops, specifically looking for nerf guns (painting them was one of the only ways to keep him pacified). Eventually tho his behaviour became too unpredictable, and onetime, mid-tantrum sadly he took his frustration out on my poor cat Bo and bit him, so I was forced to stop...

To this day, whenever I see a modded nerf gun or a one eared cat, I hear tidbit’s sweet retarded screams.

Archived