IGNORED

Brainwaltzera interview

gated

i'm still sort of perplexed about this guy, as in, i don't get it. it's good music, but it doesn't stand out from the many artists who make the same kind of afx-y IDM that treks around various small run labels. but for some reason this guy gets way more attention. is it really more appealing? to be honest, is there some jealousy at work here? anyway, whole thing just seems odd. i must be missing something. eh, good for him on getting his stuff out there.

Interesting. Was hoping for some reveals but guess not.

Personally think it stands out cause not a direct afx rip off or copy like many others. bwe's influences are clearly not limited to rdj 

To me it sounds like what burial did with jungle and dubstep but for "braindance/idm". kinda like a distilled sound of all those influences.

there are couple of interesting details: one is that I suspect this interview was done via email. I noticed he uses British spelling ("honour") and has a Britishness in his turn of phrase. The other is the reference to two kids at the end, which means he's probably in his late 30s or early 40s.

there are couple of interesting details: one is that I suspect this interview was done via email. I noticed he uses British spelling ("honour") and has a Britishness in his turn of phrase. The other is the reference to two kids at the end, which means he's probably in his late 30s or early 40s.

Jesus Fucking Christ...

Well to be honest I like some of his stuff. Some of it is a bit repetitive or boring, but he has a lot of tracks that I like. I think his method of getting recognition by pretending to be AFX/μ-Ziq, or at least affiliated with them was shitty, but I don't understand the hatred he gets. I think a lot of these threads devolve into "I like this" "No you're wrong it's bad." 

This shtick is nothing new, but it seems to be working for him

Ain't it just :trashbear:

Very impressive (again) Wise Grasshopper, very impressive indeed

It seems you have become master of the Instant Brainwaltzera Death Punch

*bows*

Archived