Sign in to follow this  
Lachesi

Things everybody loves but you don't get at all

I'll start...

TV SERIES

Not to be offensive but, I mean, why all that time in front of a screen watching invented stories instead of doing things in order to make your own life awesome? I like the answer that it's like modern theater, but I see everybody around me totally alienated by those stories still complaining about their everyday life.. no sense at all to me 

VOCAL MESSAGES

Equal laziness, you have to re-listen to everything just to find the info you need. Ok in friends chat, not accepted in work stuff

Gaming and craft beer

watmm

dank memes

i'd say for TV yes it's modern theater but also it can go so many places I can't. for example i was watching maniac recently and i got to go into emma stone and jonah hill's minds during a drug trial in a quasi-futuristic 80s aesthetic world. unfortunately i lack the imagination and resources to make that happen in my own head, so it's easier (and more fun) when someone else does that for me. also don't forget soundtracks work with visual media to make it extra cool, we don't have soundtracks like that in real life.

as for my answer to the thread title: tattoos. they look cool, i get it, but the idea of letting teenage-20s mesh decide what he wants to scar his body with for the rest of his life doesn't seem clever. and they're magnets for pretentiousness eg "ooh, this one means so much to be because of a teddy bear i had when i was little that a dog ate" but even worse. it's like telling people about the dream you had last night all the time. if you have tatts - dw i am judging you purely on your character.

Kanye West

Super hero movies. The Dark Knight was pretty cool, but I thought super heroes were lame when I was like 10. Now all of the sudden people are excited for some obscure super hero getting a movie. I had no idea anyone gave a shit before all of this. Wtf. I want no part of it.

Clubbing.

Anime.

Super hero movies. I want no part of it.

skinny chicks

peanut butter

that's easy. peanut butter is tasty. it's savory and a little bit sweet and has a lot of fat and protein, and it is thick.

(thicc)

Kanye West

definitely.

and boring consumer indie ambient music

Posted (edited)

coffee

edit: my tastebuds .. may be a bit fucked

Edited by MIXL2

skinny chicks

nope, fuck off

YouTube how-to videos.

Something happened in the last couple of years. Used to be you could search for instructions on how to rebuild the carb on an old chainsaw, or use an obscure function in some software app and you'd get web pages with step by step guides in text. Now the first six pages of search results are YouTube videos, and the videos are inevitably 20 minutes of meaningless drivel followed by...I don't know what because I don't have the patience to sit through them.

I just want text. I can scroll past all the"how great am I?!" crap and hit the 7-step, five minute walk-through of tearing down that carb or building an Ableton effects chain that makes sense.

There needs to be a YouTube corollary to the old songwriter advice, "Don't bore us, get to the chorus."

/rant

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Jeez louise Salv, we've got a feeder on our hands

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

On topic: smoking cigs

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Tattoos.  Christ I saw some gawdawful ones when we went on vacation in florida recently.

+1 on kanye, anime.

Foot fetishism.

Physical media fetishism - just NEED to have [release] on vinyl so I go can complain about the quality of the pressing on discogs

Dating

Satisfaction...

...and suddenly the thread turned dank

Tattoos.  Christ I saw some gawdawful ones when we went on vacation in florida recently.

+1 on kanye, anime.

Foot fetishism.

Physical media fetishism - just NEED to have [release] on vinyl so I go can complain about the quality of the pressing on discogs

Good list here. I have no tats because I could never think of anything I'd want stamped on me forever. We'll all be different people in 3 years, to some degree. 

We were having a big discussion at work on various fetishes and I mentioned feet being one of the most non-sexual things ever. I'd rather lick some clean armpits than feet, tbh. You'd swear I'd said that pizza is the fucking devil. 

A big vinyl collection seems like a pain in the ass and a bit silly, but I do admire looking through the artwork and stuff. 

Game of Thrones

Superhero movies

Star Wars

LOTR movies (I like the books)

Physical digital media like CDs (what's the point, eh?)

People making voice calls out of the blue (text me first mothafuckas to see if I'm busy with something, particularly if it's past midnight you drunk fucks)

Dating

Yes and no. Sometimes it's just easier and more stress free to be alone. I don't understand why some people always need to have some kind of partner. I enjoy both being single and seeing somebody.

About tattoos: I kinda like tattoos sometimes on other people's skin but fuck no I'm not getting one. Same with piercings.