IGNORED

Things everybody loves but you don't get at all

Lachesi

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Car boot sales. Got dragged along to one once (yeah! its one of the biggest in the South East! yeah! whoo! whoo!), and my sky high suspicion that it was going to absolute garbage came true. Absolute total garbage. Out of a quarter of a million things that were stacked and strewn across the field I didn't see one thing that I would of bought. Absolute total fucking garbage. I was thinking there may be a chance that I might find a bit of fishing tackle, hah, just piles of beaten up cheap crap. But there were people going mad for the day. Same sort of people buying the stuff were the same sort of people selling the stuff, lots of sovereign rings and bad/missing teeth. Everyone was going mad at the meat truck, loads of cheap meat being sold by a couple of very scary big fat Beastmen. Car boot carnage.

JD Salinger and anything he has ever written.

Now more than ever, I think it was a social experiment to pick a random author and give them this elevated status and see if people would let it become a “classic”.

boozed up, bloated out blokes who seriously love watching sport but haven't done anything remotely active since they were 16 when the beer, bad food and fag habit kicked in almost immediately, and they can't even pick up a spanner without breaking into a sweat but they are expert armchair slob critics on it all things sport!

what's that all about then? 

Archived