IGNORED

Things everybody loves but you don't get at all

Lachesi

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you’re depressed because you’re fat?

No I was skinny for a time but then had a load of shit happen to me and I'm an emotional eater so... I'm fine now though thanks for asking. Nothing to worry your pretty little head about sugartits.

social media...man i miss the old web

Pre social media interweb had some legit groundbreaking, spellbinding moments.

yeah man and its not like web forums and fan sites aren't still around. but big corporate social media platforms and big corporate news websites have definitely overtaken them and as someone who grew up with the former it's just kind of depressing sometimes.

I remember a great message board I used to go on in the mid to late 2000's that had people from all walks of life and beliefs all commenting on the same topic and it had a very different feel to it than any message board I have seen today. To me, it seemed like the epitome of free speech and I remember it feeling like it was opening up the world for me in a way. I like watmm, but this was a place where knowledgable people from all sorts of disciplines butted heads and still kept coming back and contributing exciting stuff. There was also a lot less politeness back then, but it was made up for in raw perspective. 

Open world games. It was fun when it started but now every game seems to be open world. And what do you have to do? Drive around for 75% of the game to your objective and back to do something there.

Then the open world is also riddled with 100's of stupid side quests and what is left? 5% of solid gameplay. I liked them in the past but it is getting ridiculous. I do not really like playing them anymore, I wished they went back to more linear gameplay and just from time to time release an open world game. Thats why I went to indie games on the moment. At least then you play a game. Not drive around for 5 minutes to your objective, do a 2 minute objective between 2 10 minutes cutsenes, and drive back. Seems to me that AAA games are getting to be a chore, work, not for relaxing anymore.

Marvel movies.

Actually, I've like a handful over the past 20ish years, but 95% of them are pure shit.

if you’ve seen 20 of them you’ve seen them all

i'd like to be able to understand the joke and laugh like you guys

there are 20 of them? i haven't seen one and i can safely say i've seen them all :dadjoke:

i mean i'd probably like thanos if i'd be 10. i know that because i liked the transformer cartoons when i was 10

obviously the internet is mainly comprised of 10-year olds, or the whole population is 10 years old

stan lee is a hero... what about single moms with two children

i get diarrhea when someone mentions thanos

which, as you can probably imagine, happens a lot during the day...

Open world games. It was fun when it started but now every game seems to be open world. And what do you have to do? Drive around for 75% of the game to your objective and back to do something there.

Then the open world is also riddled with 100's of stupid side quests and what is left? 5% of solid gameplay. I liked them in the past but it is getting ridiculous. I do not really like playing them anymore, I wished they went back to more linear gameplay and just from time to time release an open world game. Thats why I went to indie games on the moment. At least then you play a game. Not drive around for 5 minutes to your objective, do a 2 minute objective between 2 10 minutes cutsenes, and drive back. Seems to me that AAA games are getting to be a chore, work, not for relaxing anymore.

The Far Cry series is notorious for this. No Man's Sky on the other hand is open-universe, and you can pretty much wander and explore at your leisure, making it much more relaxing imo. I'd say NMS is more of a sandbox like GTA if that makes sense.

I have been playing mostly indie games on Switch lately, but I did just resume Red Dead 2 after a few months away from it. Red Dead takes so much time, but when I have the time I love games like this. 

I only noticed that Papers Please is on IOS the other day. So I have been playing a bit of it again, it's so great.

uE8hX5ACYKxESZazSY6k3h.jpg

This fucking guy

edit: woops not the video games thread

Archived