IGNORED

Things everybody loves but you don't get at all

Lachesi

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a huge fan of a sports team. I actually like going to baseball games and stuff, but I can't get religious about it. 

Fixating one's attention to the misdeeds/misprioritization of the left/progressives/feminists in the midst of growing racism, far-right extremism, ecological crisis, and insatiable capitalist plunder.

As Ignatius implies the big wankfest glut of IPAs that taste like Sunny Delight grapefruit juice.

But greatest of all is the hero worship of modern day footballers. Suck their cocks to win a cup.

And as Fletcher also mentions F1.

There’s fucking loads more...

Cheese - congealed spew, all of it, gtfo of my fridge, now, fkn heathens bringing that shit INTO MY FRIDGE?

Coffee - bitter, gross, even sugar & cream can't save it ffs, plus that breath heavy coffee drinkers acquire, for the love of the gods sort it out/buy some gum.

Computers - where for art thou quill & messenger pigeon?

Computer games - ok, played COD once or twice, multiplayer Goldeneye on N64 & Age of Empires LAN marathons @ an old mate's home-office, but, not exactly the same as a game of pool, in a run down pub that's essentially a money laundering front for smack dealers, deep behind enemy lines on a footy away day, somewhere in a dump like Derby, where everyone is blitzed on vodka/cider/cocaine cut with meph & you're the only sober soul in the gaff as the air thickens with madness & drips with ultra-violence. Now that's a game.

dunno about bookies, they've always been the most soul destroying location on any street in this cuntry, shadows of humans punting fk knows what on one last throw of the bs. In the 70's & 80's they were even worse, full of fag smoke, losers & junkies, shitty design branded shops fronts (that plastic shit that doesn't age at all well), just add post-war brutalist concrete buildings, then add a "square" or "green" in the location title for added misery

IPAs... they just taste like grapefruit

Sir, I'm afraid we're going to have to deport you from Cascadia.

Back when I used to brew, my brewing buddies considered IPAs to be a cop out: if your beer had defects, you could always dump in some extra hops to mask them.

IPAs... they just taste like grapefruit

Sir, I'm afraid we're going to have to deport you from Cascadia.

Back when I used to brew, my brewing buddies considered IPAs to be a cop out: if your beer had defects, you could always dump in some extra hops to mask them.

I've heard this before but it doesn't deter me. I like my beer hoppy and my pizza laden with crispy pepperoni.

New Years Eve

the Christmas lights are still twinkling but fading fast, the lush green tree is still pretty but somehow looking grey and boring, you're feeling fat and bloated and just want to go to bed for 48 hours and disappear into soft pillow of lovely dreams and wake up on a mountain peak where the air is fresh and life affirming like Heaven in winter time, the kaleidoscopic cornucopia of booze looks about as interesting as a cold ASDA chicken sandwich after snorting a big fat line of nice cocaine, your local pub has been taken over by a massive crowd of total fucking wankers you don't know, your local pub has been taken over by a crowd of total fucking cunts you do know but the ones you avoid as best you can throughout the year, this crowd of fake wankers and cunts are for the next few hours your best friends, but you find you are outside heaving in lungful's of fresh air trying to escape the ninth circle of Hell, you stagger home and disappear into a hard pillow of agitated dreams and wake up to the most depressing time of the year with monochrome, cold grey weather that sucks the life out of your sepia rendered soul, with nothing to look forward to until spring which seems infinite aeons away

I fucking hate new years eve

Massive tiddies/oppai

Concur about IPA, but I have nothing against connoisseurs thereof. Just too bitter for my taste.

Grapefruit. It's the one fruit I just can't stand.

Sports in general, despite my regular exercise regimen.

Pop music of all kinds. And country.

DC/Marvel (except for Black Panther)

Star Wars (except for gonk droids)

Dark Souls/Bloodborne

Most anime

The Great British Bake Off - if there had to be one mass shooting live streamed....

Yelp

Alcohol - let’s face it, has there ever been an occasion where you’ve woken up & thought “wish i’d drunk more booze last night?”, turns humans into ftttfyyftyjftyytyjtjfyhdgdegefredessdrdrdddtftc3##3#344&55i’dfuckthat

Top 40 Pop Music and almost any artist who makes it.

95% of the things on television. 
Talent Award Show such as "American Idol" and "America's got talent"

Btw another thread called "things everybody hates but you totally get" would be fun. 

New Years Eve

the Christmas lights are still twinkling but fading fast, the lush green tree is still pretty but somehow looking grey and boring, you're feeling fat and bloated and just want to go to bed for 48 hours and disappear into soft pillow of lovely dreams and wake up on a mountain peak where the air is fresh and life affirming like Heaven in winter time, the kaleidoscopic cornucopia of booze looks about as interesting as a cold ASDA chicken sandwich after snorting a big fat line of nice cocaine, your local pub has been taken over by a massive crowd of total fucking wankers you don't know, your local pub has been taken over by a crowd of total fucking cunts you do know but the ones you avoid as best you can throughout the year, this crowd of fake wankers and cunts are for the next few hours your best friends, but you find you are outside heaving in lungful's of fresh air trying to escape the ninth circle of Hell, you stagger home and disappear into a hard pillow of agitated dreams and wake up to the most depressing time of the year with monochrome, cold grey weather that sucks the life out of your sepia rendered soul, with nothing to look forward to until spring which seems infinite aeons away

I fucking hate new years eve

excellent post.

Archived