IGNORED

Veganism

Danny O Flannagin

2 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

My grandma used to make boletus Schnitzel (breaded boletusses) from mushrooms she collected in the forest. Was pretty tasty and kind of meat like

steinpilzschnitzel-rezept-bild-nr-6516.j

Wow, that looks Good:)

cast iron skillet as well?

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mushrooms are a really good meat replacement when cooked right

by the way next time anyone goes to ikea you have to try the veggie dogs for 75 cents (whereas the meat death ones are $1), they are so delicious even my non-vegan brother said they are better than the meat ones

I dunno man, I’d like to be vegan. Am lucky enough to enjoy pretty much all veggies and non-animal products and find the meat industry abhorrent. My mother has an allotment, grows some lush veg. Can’t help wondering if vegans are missing out on vital vitamins (b12 for starters, of course) and stuff, and maybe supplements just don’t cut it.

4 minutes ago, drome said:

I dunno man, I’d like to be vegan. Am lucky enough to enjoy pretty much all veggies. My mother has an allotment, grows some lush veg. Can’t help wondering if vegans are missing out on vital vitamins and stuff and maybe supplements just don’t cut it.

as far as I understand it if you grant that you'd like to reduce animal suffering there's no good argument for not going vegan

1 minute ago, MIXL2 said:

as far as I understand it if you grant that you'd like to reduce animal suffering there's no good argument for not going vegan

Heard from ex-vegans that their health steadily declined on a vegan diet, even though they were eating the right things and taking supplements. 

1 hour ago, drome said:

Heard from ex-vegans that their health steadily declined on a vegan diet, even though they were eating the right things and taking supplements. 

you mean those anti-vegan propaganda videos made by "influencers"?

did they go to a nutritionist, find their deficiency, and fix it, or did they eat junk food all the time?

13 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

you mean those anti-vegan propaganda videos made by "influencers"?

haha you got me there!

*reaches for tin foil hat* (always close at hand) ... maybe they’re paid meat industry shills ?

36 minutes ago, drome said:

haha you got me there!

*reaches for tin foil hat* (always close at hand) ... maybe they’re paid meat industry shills ?

possible but not likely this early on.  they're most likely just idiots

zeff, you are literally the perfect caricature of a douchebag vegan. i agree with a lot of the general vegan arguments but man you are truly insufferable.

12 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

mushrooms are a really good meat replacement when cooked right

by the way next time anyone goes to ikea you have to try the veggie dogs for 75 cents (whereas the meat death ones are $1), they are so delicious even my non-vegan brother said they are better than the meat ones

Death dog sounds pretty metal, tbqh.

Been vegan since a little after this thread started. I honestly feel great and see no reason to turn back. Been eating healthy, (beans, tofu, fruits, veggies) and haven't had to give up the occasional junk food i loved eating (cake, ice cream, burgers)

9 hours ago, luke viia said:

zeff, you are literally the perfect caricature of a douchebag vegan. i agree with a lot of the general vegan arguments but man you are truly insufferable.

I'm sorry for being harshly outspoken against slavery and mass murder on a scale rivaling anything humanity has fallen victim to, I'll be nicer and more quiet about it from now on so you can live in your happy bubble as you eat the bodies of beings whose great great great great great great grandparents were born to the same slavemaster they were, with the same painful fate.

Maybe if somebody imprisoned, raped, forcefully impregnated, stole milk from, kidnapped babies from, then killed and ate your mother, then you would feel she was wronged, yet you feel as if animals aren't sufficiently wronged to deserve harsh defense from more advanced, supposedly enlightened, species, and that those who speak out are insufferable.  Hearing people speak the truth is insufferable, too extreme to bear?  It's nothing compared to the pain and suffering born by the animals whose defense you are taking lukewarm stances towards.  Our stance over less intellectually endowed species implies not the right to be uncaring but rather a responsibility to be moreso, and your complaint that the voices of those those take this call to action literally rather than abstractly are insufferable is both ironic and sad.  I disagree with your statement not in defense of myself but in offense towards you and the lukewarm uselessness of the majority who behave like you

“I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.”

― Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from the Birmingham Jail

ehm.... so as a general rule, the higher the horse, the more insufferable people become?

zeff, it's not insufferable to stand behind your set of principles. more power to you. it is insufferable though, if you use your principles as an excuse to justify your behaviour towards others. those are two different things. if people criticise you, you can't just use your set of principles, or the "truth", as a justification for your behavior. the criticism was not about your principles. so, not only are you showing you don't understand what the criticism was about, you're also showing an unwillingness to accept any. 

in a way you're currently making an argument similar to religious nutbags who use their religion as a justification to act like complete dicks. remember those "god hates fags" people? that's the kind of insufferable that should come to mind. i'm sure those are lovely people when they're not shouting ignorant stuff. but when they're in your face like that, they're just insufferable.

Except religious nutbags yelling that God hates fags are most likely wrong, because there is no evidence of a God that hates fags.  There's lots of evidence of mass murder and slavery though, just go in a grocery store.  How else are there dead bodies in the freezers for you to buy, and jugs of the milk meant for babies of another species?

This isn't some theoretical issue that is open for debate on whether it's happening or not, it has an obvious answer directly in front of your face.  Go to your grocery store right now and you will see it, anything else is not discussion or debate but rather denial and willing assistance of mass enslavement when you transfer your wealth to the corporations who set up these milking pens and literal gas chambers

13 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

@Joyrex can you please increase the edit timer to like 1 hour?  It's like 5 minutes or something right now?  That's not long enough

@Zeffolia EKT and EKT Plus subscriptions support the site and have unlimited editing capabilities.

On 7/1/2019 at 11:56 AM, darreichungsform said:

My grandma used to make boletus Schnitzel (breaded boletusses) from mushrooms she collected in the forest. Was pretty tasty and kind of meat like

steinpilzschnitzel-rezept-bild-nr-6516.j

If I ever went vegetarian again (I was back in my 20s), I would probably eat a shit ton of mushrooms - they are probably one of the most delicious non-meat things you can eat!

I had an impossible meat burrito from Qdoba the other day and it was very good. Pretty much indistinguishable from beef since it’s ground and spiced well. 

5 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

@Zeffolia your axioms (animals must be treated like humans and my view is morally superior) and your moral universalism are very debatable, yet you act like they're not. and your emotional tactics is pathetic, at best. 

your axioms (black people must be treated like white people and my view is morally superior) and your moral universalism are very debatable, yet you act like you're not.  and your emotional tactics is pathetic. at best

your axioms (women must be treated like men and my view is morally superior) and your moral universalism are very debatable, yet you act like you're not.  and your emotional tactics is pathetic. at best

your axioms (people of culture A must be treated like people of culture B and my view is morally superior) and your moral universalism are very debatable, yet you act like you're not.  and your emotional tactics is pathetic. at best

You position of implicit speciesism is pathetic, at best

Archived