Sign in to follow this  
Squee

Monitor stands with large top plates?

I have a pair of Dynaudio BM15A monitors and they're pretty big - W290 x H454 x D388 mm - and since I'm getting a lot more room in my new studio I want to take advantage of my new found stereo perspective. So I need a pair of solid speaker stands with a large top plate, but I can't find any that come close to the size of my BM15As.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The plates on my stands are a bit too small for my speakers but it's never given me any issues. Maybe you can mount some wood/a metal plate on the stock plates to biggify them?

I'm just worried about knocking them over. But I wrote an email to Thomann's customer service last night and they actually recommended me some stands that seem pretty solid. The plate isn't quite large enough, but it should work, I think.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/jaspers_80_113_black_edition.htm

Fancy.

I'm still using a night stand with some foam on it for the left one, and the right uses a box of CD's I never sold that's turned vertical.

I have used Yamaha HS8's for many years now and I just put them on some cheapo stands from Thomann (triangle base). Never had an issue with knocking anything over. I am not sure if at that point the size of the plate helps anyways, as it will be 10kg of speaker vs gravity. I have seen some people use cargo straps on the speaker stand to stabilize them.