IGNORED

Mundane everyday occurrences

Zephyr_Nova

Japan also has the squatty potties. Supposedly a squatting position is better for your system anyway. Plus you don't have to worry about your behind touching the same seat as those of countless other users. Just have to make sure that squat directly above and not stand, facing the flush lever. Bear in mind that Earth's gravity is 9.81 m/s/s, for the sake of impact mitigation.

Yeah my Japanese friend said this, she used to perch on the toilet seat (like a bird) however it meant that she had to remove her shoes, socks, trousers and underwear whenever she went to the can (she told me) which sounds hellofa unconvenient. I don't even like wearing dungarees as you have to take the whole thing down. Pain. In. The. Butt.

The flat slipper-style toilets require no perching.

Almost all public toilets here have seat sanitizer to use in public toilets. Remember this is Japan, not public bogs in England. I understand the reticence, but the dirtiest public toilet in Japan is cleaner than >90% of toilets in England.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Indian housemates don't bother. They stand on the seat wearing dirty trainers, leaving shoeprints on the seat and causing me to leave passive aggressive post-it notes on the lid telling them to clean it up and calling them cunts :^)

Smack them in the fucking gob. Rude cunts.

Alternatively play lots of annoying music at them. 24 hours of vapour wave might make them lose their minds.

My Indian housemates don't bother. They stand on the seat wearing dirty trainers, leaving shoeprints on the seat and causing me to leave passive aggressive post-it notes on the lid telling them to clean it up and calling them cunts :^)

Alternatively play lots of annoying music at them.

This is business as usual for me tbh

heh :^)

There's 2 guys and 2 girls in that room. The day that happened one of the girls was asking me who did it, was pissed off. Wanted to say "ask ur fucking room mates" but at the time I was tripping my tits off so I didn't want to get into some long drawn out drama. It's odd that she hadn't twigged though.

heh :^)

There's 2 guys and 2 girls in that room. The day that happened one of the girls was asking me who did it, was pissed off. Wanted to say "ask ur fucking room mates" but at the time I was tripping my tits off so I didn't want to get into some long drawn out drama. It's odd that she hadn't twigged though.

Yeah getting into heavy situations when tripping balls is definitely not the mundane experience I’d recommend. So a FWS there.

I was in a toilet cubicle and could hear the guy wiping next stall over but he was almost making a scratching / rubbing sound - rapidly scraping the paper back and forth against his butt - if something isn't wrong now it will be shortly with those kinds of practices

this is why I hate using public/communal restrooms. some asshole listening to me wiping my... asshole. FFS mang!
In Japan, the public toilets have a button that plays sounds to cover your pfarting n poopering. Solution to your problem: move to Japan.*

*this might cause other problems such as casual racism.

A friend of mine went to Japan soon after the nuclear power plant accident and spoke to lots of residents who claim the government is trying to cover up high levels of fall out which will likely have long term reifications on the population. So I'm not keen.

Since the average citizen has next to zero information about actual levels of radiation, or the spread pattern of any fall-out, your friend should take what they’re saying with a grain of salt.

I understand that, but she said that after the accident the "acceptable levels" of radiation suddenly were recorded as much higher than before which sets of alarm bells. Surely the acceptable parameters should remain the same?

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/03/01/national/radiation-levels-fukushima-zones-higher-2017-2016-still-government-target-despite-cleanup-greenpeace-japan/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/11/world/asia/struggling-with-japans-nuclear-waste-six-years-after-disaster.html

https://www.iaea.org/newscenter/focus/fukushima/status-update

I had a long ass post written out on the phone. Then I hit something with my fat fingers and wiped it out.

Anyhow the gist of it was that the government reports regularly (very regularly) on the situation, on a number of issues.

I’m posting this about 100km away from Fukushima, so I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak.

Sorry everyone for gordoing up the thread.

Ah yeah, I forgot you live there. Doh! I don't really know how we got from pooping to radioactive waste tbh.

There's still a hell of a lot of radioactive sludge and water they don't know what to do with.

Radiation concerns wouldn't deter me from returning to Japan. Although last time I was there was before the March 11 disaster. One of my friends I studied there with was among the victims in Rikuzentakata, where he was working as a JET.

I might go back to visit one day. Though I'm not sure how I'd fit in employment-wise. I do have friends in the JASDF though.

That's terrible Ambermonk, I'm sorry about your friend. I have no idea what a JET is though.

OK Chen I read the reports but they mean very little. https://thediplomat.com/2019/03/the-truth-about-radiation-in-fukushima/

The diplomat is where academics go to die.

I guess nothing is going to change your mind, but I’ll just say that pooping in Tokyo will not expose you to extraordinary radiation levels.

That's terrible Ambermonk, I'm sorry about your friend. I have no idea what a JET is though.

OK Chen I read the reports but they mean very little. https://thediplomat.com/2019/03/the-truth-about-radiation-in-fukushima/

I guess nothing is going to change your mind, but I’ll just say that pooping in Tokyo will not expose you to extraordinary radiation levels.

I guess the internet has warped my brain to never trust any authority at all, I can't help that I'm afraid!

Incidentally it's all a moot point right now, as I can't really afford to go to Japan.

I guess the internet has warped my brain to never trust any authority at all, I can't help that I'm afraid!

Incidentally it's all a moot point right now, as I can't really afford to go to Japan.

I appreciate your sympathies Madame C. The university we graduated from established an organization named after him a few years ago dedicated to learning more about Japan. I can't afford to go either atm. But I have little doubt that radiation levels have dropped in the past 8 years. If you haven't yet visited, I do recommend doing so at least once.

Sorry for hijacking the thread guys. My next mundane order of the day is getting my winter tires swapped out for my all-season set on my car.

Archived