IGNORED

Warp30

17 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

@ no-one in particular - you can only moan about Warp if you're prepared to walk naked through Sheffield city centre on a Saturday night carrying a placard stating "i am an opinionated, southern, Tory cunt, the N.U.M. had it coming + why are your football clubs always so shit?"

Get on your bike!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm just getting old but I'm thinking it'd be great if they just told us what they're doing and then they... did it.

Annoying and long annoying (hype) train not my thing anymore :shrug:

4 minutes ago, StephenG said:

Maybe I'm just getting old but I'm thinking it'd be great if they just told us what they're doing and then they... did it.

To me most of these things are just done wrong. If you want to hype music, do it with some music. Not with a semi spiritual trivia bingo card that says "sticker" for no apparent reason.

13 minutes ago, StephenG said:

I’ve been saying this since Tomorrow’s Hype…

11 minutes ago, chronical said:

To me most of these things are just done wrong. If you want to hype music, do it with some music. Not with a semi spiritual trivia bingo card that says "sticker" for no apparent reason.

Good point yeah!

3 minutes ago, oscillik said:

I’ve been saying this since Tomorrow’s Hype…

I member!

I mean, I still get excited when music is announced in advance, and I get the need to hype stuff up, do the whole PR/marketing bit etc. But I'd prefer things like interviews, press release type things, etc.

"Sticker Stream" just doesn't make my bum hum lol. I guess in this age of viral and meme everything maybe this is the new way to hype up a diff generation I dunno.

Yes, tired of this never ending hype machine, the music better be on point warp ! No future doo doo brown pls ( good point for the two wxaxrxp artwork so far, like them a lot)

37 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

yea but that was special man

It really wasn't.

We're now at the stage where if an artist just does a standard release thing where it's announced like, 3 weeks before release and that's it, that's what's special

38 minutes ago, oscillik said:

It really wasn't.

We're now at the stage where if an artist just does a standard release thing where it's announced like, 3 weeks before release and that's it, that's what's special

Queen Bey dropping entire albums and music videos and merchandise out of blue on random nights is IDM af and most special tbh

(AE does this too with randomly upping 19 hours of livesets like pimps)

35 minutes ago, auxien said:

Queen Bey dropping entire albums and music videos and merchandise out of blue on random nights is IDM af and most special tbh

(AE does this too with randomly upping 19 hours of livesets like pimps)

I honestly believe this is better hype building than these months long campaigns.

WATMM: too old for hype!

i think i'd prefer a surprise. do it all in one day. the day of the thing. sneak it out. then when i wake up and check the internets w/breakfast there's a whole thing full of awesome for me to be happy about. 

but warps done this for 30 years so obviously they're doing something right? i mean, my marketing ideas never seemed to work but i also have no audience. ?

What if they just said this and this will be out by then? Would that prevent people from being excited for new music? This viral marketing shit is just making me sceptical, either that or it's my old age.

1 hour ago, oscillik said:

It really wasn't.

I agree w that it's rlly played out now but at the time it rlly was the tits imo, maybe it's just memory sweetening it up tho

edit: I member this in particular

So on the day of the summer solstice

BOOM ! WXAXRXP COMPILATION !!!

with all your favorite warp acts :

!!!

lonelady

future brown

nozinja

yves tumor 

and everyone except BOC, aphex, Ae or squarepusher .

can‘t wait.

Let's all calm down lol!

I dunno, the pessimistic side of me says all our IDMasters are long in the tooth nowadays, old geezers who are hardly gonna give a fuck about some 30th Warp birthday. The positive side of me reckons it could be IDM Christmas! But our IDMasters are tricky characters . Hmmm.

Which will it be?

Archived