In celebration of 21 years since the release of Music Has The Right To Children, there will be a mobile listening party in Peebles Island State Park in Waterford, New York, USA, on Saturday, April 20, 2019. See the attached image for details.

post-20346-0-99867900-1554663864_thumb.jpeg

Interesting - thanks for sharing!

Who's putting this on (the organizers)?

That would be me, if “organize” is the right word. Heh.

Someone did the same thing last year for the 20th. I would have attended except that it was in Serbia, not exactly my back yard. So next best thing? Host one a sane distance from home.

Someone did the same thing last year for the 20th. I would have attended except that it was in Serbia, not exactly my back yard. So next best thing? Host one a sane distance from home.

That's cool - so did you need to get permission from the park, etc., or is this one of those where if they don't ask you to leave, you're good? :dadjoke:

Be slightly better if there was something to look forward to. It's a cool thing, and I hope it's a success but I think I'm reaching that point when I'm dribbling a little when it comes to BoC. I'm surprised there hasn't been more voices from their fanbase reaching similar mild levels of cabin fever. Maybe they are all battle hardened? And a bit tougher round the edges.

Hah! Maybe we could rename this period as Cabin Fever, just like that good old chestnut of Radio Silence.

Anyway all the best with your MHTRTC Mission  :cool:

That's cool - so did you need to get permission from the park, etc., or is this one of those where if they don't ask you to leave, you're good? :dadjoke:

I’m assuming the latter: it’s a public park, and we’ll be walking, so even if someone finds the music annoying we won’t be in one place long enough for it to matter.

Be slightly better if there was something to look forward to. It's a cool thing, and I hope it's a success but I think I'm reaching that point when I'm dribbling a little when it comes to BoC. I'm surprised there hasn't been more voices from their fanbase reaching similar mild levels of cabin fever. Maybe they are all battle hardened? And a bit tougher round the edges.

Hah! Maybe we could rename this period as Cabin Fever, just like that good old chestnut of Radio Silence.

No new BOC music makes Homer something something.

Thanks for the good wishes, should be a nice walk at least.

I think Tomorrow's Harvest (and the wait that preceded it) "battle-hardened" the majority of BOC fans in accepting that they put out new music when they want to with no regard to the label/the fans/anyone's own desires.

whose to say brainwaltzera isn't actually one or both of the Super Boards of Canada brothers releasing unreleased classics from back in their heyday? it may have been 6 years since the last BOC album was released, but that's only if you choose to believe it's been 6 years since the last BOC album was released. 

Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome BUT OK

Actually that's a classic post hello spiral

I'm a bit long in the tooth nowadays to actually give a shit about their bunker and their mysterious redmoon parties. None of it has ever amounted to anything has it? So it's probably a load of old horse shit. In fact I bet watmm that I will eat a whole sack of the finest Berkshire horse manure if they...…….

On second thoughts maybe not!

I would very much like a reality where it was revealed the delay in the latest BOC album was because one of the brothers had been toiling away on their BWE alias

you've just been truth hacked!

• 3 months later...

Archived