IGNORED

Good but Underrated/Unseen Supernatural Horror Films

T3551ER

Lars Von Trier's "The Kingdom", although it's a tv miniseries rather than a film

Carl th. Dreyer's "Vampyr". And anyone who tries to claim this isn't supernatural horror can fight me. 

And a bit of a leftfield suggestion but I'd consider Pasolini's "Teorema" to be a supernatural horror film (of sorts). It's just not presented in this way, but I'd def. argue that the intended goal.

Okay so breaking the rules of the thread a bit. Watched a movie called 'Freaks' (1932). It's an hour long but really enjoyed it. There's a scene a few minutes before the end where the freaks chase down someone in the rain that is probably one of my favorites where black and white movies are concerned. Full movie on yt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdKJaQS5-Fo

People are just posting horror films. 

Lol yeah. My favorite horror films aren't generally the supernatural ones. However I do like cosmic/existential horror quite a lot which often feels like a kind of overlap with "supernatural". It gives you similar feelings anyway.

Okay so breaking the rules of the thread a bit. Watched a movie called 'Freaks' (1932). It's an hour long but really enjoyed it. There's a scene a few minutes before the end where the freaks chase down someone in the rain that is probably one of my favorites where black and white movies are concerned. Full movie on yt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdKJaQS5-Fo

People are just posting horror films. 

Lol yeah. My favorite horror films aren't generally the supernatural ones. However I do like cosmic/existential horror quite a lot which often feels like a kind of overlap with "supernatural". It gives you similar feelings anyway.

I feel like I heard somewhere that "freaks" was an inspiration for Lynch (but might just be projecting). 

Yeah, people just postin' horror but that's ok - selfishly I limited the title to supernatural horror as that's what the missus finds most appealing, but I'm def takin' notes for "T3 watching movies alone time" 

Also: Watched the The Silence and Mercy Black yesterday. Would actually recommend "The Silence" as a decent post-apocalyptic flick that's probably better than most people will give it credit for and Mercy Black if you wanted to utterly waste about 2 hours of your time on some shit that has 0 payoff making you want to travel back in time so you could kick yourself in the nuts  

This thread has given me some unexpected thoughts:

Namely that a lot of my favorite movies that I'd classify as "human-caused" horror films. Things such as:  Come and See, Salo, Jeanne Dielman, etc.

edit:  I wrote "human-made" at first, lol

Archived