• Last Reply

Bulk VanderHooj, on 15 Apr 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

Goiter Sanchez, on 15 Apr 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

MIXL2, on 15 Apr 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

D4OAr8_X4AAdCMD.jpg

(taken by a drone)

Do you live on a boat?

lol... I was going to ask the same thing. :catsuicide:

lol no.. I suppose whoever took the pic of the tv and uploaded to twitter is driving the drone from some vehicle who knows

another...

D4OHeEIWAAA46Pi.jpg

That makes much more sense lol.

And wow - yeah it's gutted now. So the spire and vault are all gone. Only hope now is for the exterior structure to remain standing?

.... Watmm-Dame ....

- watmm’s tribute to Notre-Dame with compilation of tracks made using convolution reverbs with impulse responses from the cathedral

?

.... Watmm-Dame ....

- watmm’s tribute to Notre-Dame with compilation of tracks made using convolution reverbs with impulse responses from the cathedral

?

That would be lit...

what's the big deal? most probably all of it is backed up in countless of ways with the most cutting edge tech available (all kinds of 3d scans of interiors and shit), the world will chip in and shit will get restored, no problemo. the reactions to the fire is like hipsters obsessing over losing an original pressing of some record, stupid and corny.

"I'm sad tonight to see this part of us burn", lol, the fucking french

"the world will chip in and shit will get restored, no problemo." 

O, and burn Rembrandts Nightwatch and the Mona Lisa as well. I believe we already have the DNA of said pieces. We just build a couple of new clones if the originals get destroyed. Sure, just don't be all hipster and emotional about it. :S

We could also burn Israel down to the ground. We'll chip in, I promise! And please don't be a hipster! ;p

To think it was all built before electricity.

Any moron can pick up a drill and circular saw and build stuff today (myself included), but it’s incredible to think about the skill and motivation it took to build.

Kinda reminds me on the fire in the Anna Amalia Library 15 years ago not far away from where I lived. Tens of thousands of irreplaceable ancient books of which no copies exist are lost. So much human history lost within a day. Nowadays books and ancient manuscripts all get scanned and digitalized.

Not sure about the 3D scans of Notre Dame, tho

Not sure about the 3D scans of Notre Dame, tho

jeez, why isn't that guy currently saving the notre dame!? he's able to climb it in a couple of seconds. just take a bucket of water and save the roof already!

what's the big deal? most probably all of it is backed up in countless of ways with the most cutting edge tech available (all kinds of 3d scans of interiors and shit), the world will chip in and shit will get restored, no problemo. the reactions to the fire is like hipsters obsessing over losing an original pressing of some record, stupid and corny.

dumbest thing I’ve read today award

dumbest thing I’ve read today award

That’s impressive considering what I posted in the trump thread

i'm not on eugene's "side" or anything, but i know for a fact that there are incredibly detailed and comprehensive interior laser scans of notre dame among other gothic cathedrals. there was a study recently where these laser scans measured how the stone walls have shifted over 800 or so years and the answer was a few centimeters at the most. incredibly well built (and overbuilt). what is damaged will be rebuilt, as the cathedral has been over its lifespan. still sad that this happened of course. 

Archived