IGNORED

Notre-Dame is Burning

dingformung

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm not on eugene's "side" or anything, but i know for a fact that there are incredibly detailed and comprehensive interior laser scans of notre dame among other gothic cathedrals. there was a study recently where these laser scans measured how the stone walls have shifted over 800 or so years and the answer was a few centimeters at the most. incredibly well built (and overbuilt). what is damaged will be rebuilt, as the cathedral has been over its lifespan. still sad that this happened of course.

Yeah man they have the scan we can 3D print it now.

I think there are some pretty serious moral considerations in cloning someone from 800s years ago back to life just to re-build the Notre-Dame.

irl LOL!

I think there are some pretty serious moral considerations in cloning someone from 800s years ago back to life just to re-build the Notre-Dame.

it doesn't have to be just to rebuild notre dame.. they could fix other buildings too...  

Ask the Chinese to do it. They dont mind!

Couple nights ago a woman in her 50's asked me what I thought about black metal, and we talked about church burnings.  She was kind of witchy.  I reckon she may have something to do with this.

Ask the Chinese to do it. They dont mind!
I remember reading a wikipedia article about that, it was thought-provoking

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You black metal bros better not fuck with Prague castle

They'll just use it for album art and claim Varg was going to blow it up.

To think it was all built before electricity.

Any moron can pick up a drill and circular saw and build stuff today (myself included), but it’s incredible to think about the skill and motivation it took to build.

It is incredible that wood was chopped down, cut, and fitted in the 12th and 13th century. I imagine the composition of that oak was different than most usef today. And the sheer logistics and cost: a lot of cathedrals of the era took lifetimes to build.

i don't think it should be rebuilt as it was, as france, and europe, are not the same as they were centuries ago. history doesn't stop, and if noter dome is considered an historic object, in its renewal it should integrate cultural elements from modern muslims of color who are now integral and ever growing population of europe.

Interesting that no parallels have been drawn between the symbolism of this and the gilets jaune protests..i.e. France is burning...France is collapsing....

The idea that a historical site like this can command millions in repair funds immediately whereas weeks of protests results in very little is telling...

Macron can use this as a distraction from his great debate nonsense...and rally the nation around its symbolic heritage....blah blah blah

Archived