IGNORED

My Tracks

Mozex

Mozex

Have you tried using Ableton’s extensive sample chopping and manipulation capabilities to take a ‘good-sounding’ drum loop you enjoy and allowing you to then program your own beats with those drum sounds? That’s something I’ve done plenty of times and it might be a little tedious at first, but the results are great imo.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an official Ableton tutorial on how to, there's likely lots of others on YouTube as well. 

Thx a lot for this video, will check it out!

Checked it out, the made makes it look so simple. Will try to do it next time. I do have one song made which I will share today without having done this but I will try it on next song.

Just not sure that I will make one today since I am a bit mentally tired from making songs for the past two weeks from morning till evening.

I know I need to rest a few days, that does not mean I will lol.

But I should at least try.

This one is still one with a drumloop which came with a Ableton Live Pack. But I will now try to create my own drumloop from such loops with the simpler thingy in Ableton Intro. I do not know if it will work but I will try. I ment to rest today but I have to try this right now I guess. I think I am a bit addicted to music making lol. We shall see how things evolve but thx again for this information Auxien!

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/worlds-apart

This is an official Ableton tutorial on how to, there's likely lots of others on YouTube as well. 

Thank you so much for this, this is working great and is not so complicated. I am sure you can make it as complicated as you want but for now simple slicing will do. Thx this was very good advice!

Thank you so much for this, this is working great and is not so complicated. I am sure you can make it as complicated as you want but for now simple slicing will do. Thx this was very good advice!

glad to help!  :catsalute:

So I tried the simpler thingy in Ableton. This is the first track I made with it which I am fairly happy about.

I created the drums myself from a drumloop to make it my own. All other things I played myself. I am not a real drum wonder so the drum is pretty basic I guess... But its good enough, I hope I will learn in time to make more complex drums:

Archived