IGNORED

potentially major downtime

chaosmachine

The forum will be going down soon, possibly for a couple days. Here's why:

In order to keep the forum up and running for years to come, we need to do some future-proofing. That means upgrading from PHP5 to PHP7. While this would normally only take about an hour, we have to update the forum software as well (the current version isn't compatible with PHP5). The forum update is going to be handled by a third party (Invision, the company that makes the software). Unfortunately, we don't know how long it will take them to complete their side of the project, so we'll be offline in the meantime.

Fortunately, there are some things you can do instead of WATMM:

- make music

- go outside

- cry

Seriously, though: We'll be back. See you on the other side...

:wang:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also got 4 days off (first time I've ever managed to get Easter Saturday off in my life)

My plan is to drink wine and climb a big tree!

Happy holidays!!

Huge thanks to Chaosmachine for helping me out in getting the forum (finally) upgraded - I can't say exactly how long it will take Invision to convert the forum to the new version, but it could take several days like Chaosmachine mentioned...

Huge thanks to Chaosmachine for helping me out in getting the forum (finally) upgraded - I can't say exactly how long it will take Invision to convert the forum to the new version, but it could take several days like Chaosmachine mentioned...

Yeah I was thinking whether or not Chaosmachine was talking about the New WATMM. Good to know it's finally around the corner.

Cheers and congratulations to both of you !!!

Server has been upgraded, we're now waiting for the forum software upgrade. I've found a way to keep the site up in the meantime, but it will go down again (possibly tomorrow).

I'm reaching out to Invision to schedule the forum/site upgrade today - hopefully they can give me an estimate of downtime so we can manage expectations.

You can also follow @WATMMOfficial on Twitter as I will probably use that to post updates about the forum upgrade, progress, etc.

And yes, for anyone confused by all this - this is finally the beginnings of NuWATMM™ - took long enough, eh?

Archived