IGNORED

potentially major downtime

chaosmachine

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are we also getting website content?

This will provide me the facility for doing so, yes - the biggest change (and Chaosmachine may have a way to preserve our SEO) will be to move the forum to /forum, so the main page of the website will have actual content - probably news items at first (with the ability to auto-generate a thread about said news), but as I get my head around the content management system the forum software has integrated, more stuff will come like articles, discographies, etc.

The web has changed a lot since I started joyrex.com/watmm, so I am rethinking some long-held ideas about how best to show said content and what content should be on the site. The biggest thing is it will be tightly integrated with the forum, so there will be many opportunities for cross-pollination...

Probably the biggest "quality of life" feature the new forum/site will offer is this editor is vastly improved - you can copy and paste images and they automagically™ upload! Media embeds (YouTube, Twitter, SoundCloud, etc.) also work much, much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay boys and squirrels - it's happening - tomorrow (30 April) sometime between 9 AM EST and 5 PM EST WATMM will go offline for up to 10 days (I know) - probably not that long, but that's what the vendor is telling me it could potentially take. Be sure to follow @WATMMOfficial on Twitter for updates!

Probably the biggest "quality of life" feature the new forum/site will offer is this editor is vastly improved - you can copy and paste images and they automagically™ upload! Media embeds (YouTube, Twitter, SoundCloud, etc.) also work much, much better.

copy/paste images? that's so 90s... i drag them from imdb and if they're a link they come automatically linked... been doing that for long on/in (damn it @stephenG) watmm...

Okay boys and squirrels - it's happening - tomorrow (30 April) sometime between 9 AM EST and 5 PM EST WATMM will go offline for up to 10 days (I know) - probably not that long, but that's what the vendor is telling me it could potentially take. Be sure to follow @WATMMOfficial on Twitter for updates!

the day is come, p nuts

been doing that for long on/in (damn it @stephenG) watmm...

lol  :catsalute:

Archived