IGNORED

Plaid - Polymer

fumi

1 hour ago, zero said:

Recent article where Plaid discuss their favorite tracks they've made and influences behind each:

https://www.popmatters.com/plaid-favorite-songs-2638773231.html

Neat article. Interesting to consider how their past lives as breakdancers and ravers has informed their musical output.

P.S I love Rest Proof Clockwork

• Like 1

I love this album, there’s lots of really nice bass. I think it works really well as a whole, the drums on recall remind me of LCC by Ae. I only hope there’s a North American tour, their set on the Digging Remedy tour was awesome. The live version of Do Matter they played was incredible, it was twice as long with an amazing ending. It totally took me by surprise, heh.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 2:19 AM, Aural Unrest said:

Ahhhhhh, right!

Nice. I honesty think Plaid is at their strongest when making short, focused releases. All the EPs of theirs I have are solid.

On 6/11/2019 at 9:09 AM, beer badger said:

Wires crossed but I was referring to the Elektron EP

Damn, that track that starts at about the 7 minute mark as great.

16 hours ago, beer badger said:

Awesome track, nice swing feel - could have easily been included on the original release!

Caught them last night in London, they did a cracking rendition of Last Remembered Thing. New stuff stood up really well despite a bit of a cavernous venue.

3 hours ago, lawrenke said:

Awesome track, nice swing feel - could have easily been included on the original release!

Caught them last night in London, they did a cracking rendition of Last Remembered Thing. New stuff stood up really well despite a bit of a cavernous venue.

Sounds great!  There's a rather jolly interview with them with Tom Ravenscroft here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0006211

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:22 PM, Joyrex said:

WHAAAAAAT? Are you kidding? Meds Fade is one of the best openers to a Plaid album, nee any album in recent memory IMO!

I am immensely enjoying Polymer, much more than the previous album (which was good in it's own right, but there are so many *great* tracks on this release).

Yeah, it is growing on me. ? Very predictably...

The first half of Polymer is such a great sequence of tracks - up to an including 'Dancer's. The second half almost feels like it's pursuing a different theme altogether, more in line with The Digging Remedy. I did enjoy that album, but the first half of this feels like it's hitting on a harder synthetic zone. I wonder what it would have been like to have stayed in that place till the end? 

3 weeks after the release: when considering Plaid albums by decade, though there are gems on all of them, Polymer is their strongest since 2010. I also repurchased Trainer, as it somehow disappeared from my library - and that has been interesting to revisit while taking in the new sounds. Ed & Andy really have covered a lot of bases over the course of their career, and it has been a very interesting journey along the way.

trainer.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just listened through for first time, agree it gradually gets better. A very "synthetic" feel, far removed from their more recent luvvy dubby albums with overt uplifting melodies, but nothing like the Spokes, Greedy Baby era that was colder but still very "organic"

or something

• 3 months later...