IGNORED

All End on NTS 4 vinyl

Adamovich

Question to anyone who has NTS 4 on vinyl. How is this track split into three separate tracks and two separate plates if I'm not mistaken? I'm really tempted to buy a copy but I'm concerned about this compromised continuity of all end. Thoughts?

As I said in the main thread, I wish All End had been split across the A side of 3 different records so that with a DJ setup of 2 turntables you could seamlessly play the entire track.

Not possible in the current configuration unless you have 2 copies of the record!

• Haha 1

As I said in the main thread, I wish All End had been split across the A side of 3 different records so that with a DJ setup of 2 turntables you could seamlessly play the entire track.

Not possible in the current configuration unless you have 2 copies of the record!

Just play the first part, then the second part, then replay the first part as you flip the last record over and mix in the 3rd part as the 1st part ends again

Then repeat

1,2,1,3,1,2,1,3,1,2,1,3.....etc

Since the whole song is just Sandra and Rhonnette holding one note for an hour, no one will know the difference

• Farnsworth 1

Well as long as we can all objectively agree that the splitting of a 1 hr song across 3 sides is essentially the picacle of absurdity

And iSamantha and Ronda only did it to prove maximum troll level of their fans

As long as we all objectively agree that their is no question that this is proven fact

I don't know why people keep saying that the entire hour of All End sounds the same, but it isn't funny.

I don't know why people keep saying inserting fade-ins and fade-outs (plus several seconds of silence in while flipping sides) in All End is alright, but it isn't funny

option 1 = don't put all end on vinyl, = results in people not listening to 'all end' on vinyl.

option 2 = put all end on vinyl, but split it across 3 sides. people who don't want to do that will not bother, and will not be listening to 'all end' on vinyl. 

no difference. people just like to complain about nothing. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

After numerous listens (from CD) I have to say "all end" is my favourite Autechre track ever.

I was pretty depressed yesterday night, but after a listening session to "all end" in full darkness I had this great cathartic feeling, and was relieved. Amazing and uplifting track. So grateful for it.

Thanks Sean & Rob!

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I remember as a kid going to a neighbours house and her daughter having a 16rpm record player - Wish they still existed, it made everything sound properly evil (plus ambient releases would definitely be less tricky to fit on a single side of analogue vinals)

• 3 months later...

I was for long time reluctant to buy NTS 4 on vinyl because of the sliced up tracks. But this week I gave it up and bought it from a local record shop (with the scond intention of keep the shop going in the corona-situation), got it yesterday, and listened to the entire thing.

To have this long tracks chopped off into parts make it weirdly an easier listen, but somewhat lessens the impact too. TBH I was more pleasently surprised as annoyed by it. And the sound quality is great. I'm happy to have it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, President Squidward said:

why would you want to listen to this on vinyl though... FLAC on the other hand... :trollface:

I have an old fashioned hi-fi setup, and have no network music player in it, but I have a CD-player and a turntable. And I like physical objects.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

11 hours ago, Chabraendeky said:

I have an old fashioned hi-fi setup, and have no network music player in it, but I have a CD-player and a turntable. And I like physical objects.

I'm joshin, I have nothing against vinyl, I just feel personally I would feel listening to All End in separate parts would feel weird. Maybe I have to experience it for myself to really know though.

5 hours ago, President Squidward said:

I'm joshin, I have nothing against vinyl, I just feel personally I would feel listening to All End in separate parts would feel weird. Maybe I have to experience it for myself to really know though.

It is weird. But it was better I expected.

To have this little pauses in between helps a bit to endure the length, but the emotional experience diminishes a bit too. It wont be my favourite version (that's the CD or the 24-bit wav), but doesn't feel wrong either.